Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 Pontiac Radiator

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dogwalkin, Sep 16, 2013.

1. dogwalkin

dogwalkin
    from tn

Does anyone make a radiator for a 57 pontiac? How about some dimensions and I can maybe get a universal one to fit.

2. Slimmey

Slimmey

I don't know, but chevy/pontiac shared a lot. You might check under the hood of the next chevy you see. The difference maybe inlet/outlet locations. If I recall chevy was center upper, RH (pass.side) lower. V8 was behind support, L6 was in front. Someone on here should know.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

dogwalkin likes this.
  3. 5559

from tn

maybe 55-57 chev??? .Thats where i'd start looking & see where it took me

4. Swifster

Swifster

Do you have your original radiator? If so, have the original recored...

5. stimpy

stimpy

I used a company called champion on fleece BAY , it was Alum and 190 + 30 SHIPPING , they had listings for many models of cars for comparison from Spdway was $750

6. luckystiff

luckystiff

i'd be scared as hell of a $190 aluminum rad. I'd be willing to bet theres epoxy used in the assembly process which leads to premature failure at best. Clogged and damage causing at worse.

We are a PRC dealer and only use their radiators at the shop. furnace brazed, FULLY tig welded, nice units. If they've never made one for your particular app we have a custom build form that they will build a one off for you. Just had that done for a local guy for a 70s triumph. Prices start around $450 on their units.

The only other ones i've seen that i think compare are from Wizard Cooling...ken....