Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1957 pontiac hood on 57 chevy will it fit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by subjectdelta, May 20, 2014.

1. subjectdelta

subjectdelta

has anyone put the pontiac hood on the chevy. ive read about the whole front end being used.(1957pontiac chieftain,1957chevy...sameshell?) not just the hood. also a cad hood in some pictures being used. i got the 57 buick grille an the tube grille. any suggestions.would be helpfull .on this mild custom. ken

2. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

I have bolted one on and it fit great. I wasn't running a grill( kind of street freak) so I don't know how the front edge trim/ grill fitment works out. If you are going custom, it won't matter.
    Trunk lids are the same too.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. subjectdelta

subjectdelta

thanks for the reply. i dont mind working on the bottom front has to be shaved were
    the emblem was. i bought a 57 buick grille. im hopeing it will fit with the rad in the 6cyl.
    position.

4. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

not sure about an American poncho, but the Canadian version would be a definite bolt on, the Canadian Pontiac used the same cowl and frame as a chevy, I think the American Pontiac might have a longer hood, as they has a little longer wheelbase than the chevy, and a lot of that space was made up between the cowl and front wheel. the American Pontiac has a completely different cowl too, so the hinges are probably not a bolt on.
    wheel base on the chevy was 115", Canadian Pontiac was 115", American Pontiac was 122", and the starchief was 124 inches.
    btw, you will notice that PKap is from Canada....

5. 1934coupe

1934coupe

How did you ever make out with the pontiac hood? I'm looking to do the same thing, a friend of mine worked in a shop and the pu the outer skin on the chevy hood structure but left the hood bar and emblem area. They just welded it from there back to the cowl area.

Pat

6. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

jonzcustomshop is correct only canadian pontiac parts interchange with chevy

7. I can't see how it could possibly work as the wheel base is 7 inches longer [chieftain] and the difference is all in front of the [same] doors.....plus you get to deal with the raised part where the emblem goes. 57pontmontehenkfront.jpg 57pontiacmontyHAMB.jpg

8. subjectdelta

subjectdelta

anyone have pictures of 1956 olds headlites in a 57 chevy. anyone have pictures of the install.
    how much of the fender top do i need to install to get the top rib to match the curve of the fender

9. Unfortunately these are the only 2 pics I have of the Canadian 57 Pontiac Sedan Delivery I had a few years ago, since sold.........these were only made in Canada and used the 57 Chev chassis, body and suspension...although the pic is not great you can see the shorter front fenders to fit on the Chev frame........dunno if this helps........there were supposedly 682 made with this one the only one here in Australia, came from Montana ..........andyd

Attached Files: