Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dixon Bastie, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Dixon Bastie

Dixon Bastie

I'm wondering if anyone might know of a Turnpike Cruiser for sale for an amount less than the national debt.
    Ideally, I'd like to find a two door hardtop, complete, solid, but needing restoration. Doesn't have to run, and should be located somewhere in the Midwest for practicality. Color is unimportant, will end up Sunset Orchid.
    I let two get away from me in the past, not going to repeat that brain fade a third time.
    I'll be outside enlarging my garage so the Turnpike has plenty of room next to my two 58 Edsel big-bodies and my 55 Merc Montclair.
    So many cars, so little time .....
    Thanks in advance for any info or leads.

2. birdman1

birdman1

you are in luck! I just saw a 1957 turnpike cruiser on Omaha craigslist. complete, not bad but needs glas and everything from sitting in a field for years in Nebraska. $3,600 is the asking price.

3. Dixon Bastie

Dixon Bastie

4. Dixon Bastie

Dixon Bastie

Thank you Birdman. The price is right, but the glass issue and the fact it's been a motel for gophers for an unknown duration are scary.
    I'll check it out - it may be better than it sounds, and they are like finding a leprechan sitting in a pot of gold.

5. philo426

philo426

Good luck finding that big wrap windshield abd unique rear window if they are needed!

6. Dixon Bastie

Dixon Bastie

7. Dixon Bastie

Dixon Bastie

Windshields are available, the center panel of the rear window is flat glass, but the small end windows are parts car treasures - sane for the dummy antennas in the astrovents on either side of the top of the windshield.
    Oh boy, here we go - with two Edsels, I've been around this block a few times.
    Thx for your reply.