Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1957 FORD UGLY ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by uncleo, Mar 14, 2016.

1. I have always had a soft spot for white headers in the right car. But I have always been one for oil leaks so white headers are probably not a safe bet for me. LOL

Did you catch the truck arm type of suspension on that one?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. The '57 was always one of my favorites, Steve Buscemi headlights and all... that part is fixable, at least on a car.

blowby and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. 'Mo

'Mo

Car Craft Magazine named Ron Sweeney's 'Seaburst' as one of the nation's Top Ten Customs in 1964.
    (That's 50+ years ago! :eek:)

(CCPA Photo)

[​IMG]

4. The 57 was allright but the 58 was better. The 57 headlight "eyebrow" had to be made for 4 headlights, guess they just waited untill 58 to put them in. I do have to say the 57 tail lights were better.
    So I guess the best of both worlds would be to get a 58 rancharo. Did the wagon have the round 57 tail lights?

5. Don Beoke's "Shboom"
    [​IMG]

klicker, Muttley, kiwijeff and 3 others like this.
  6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Must be a holdover from all the years of riding those two wheeled contraptions!:eek:

7. Ebert

Ebert

Owned this '57 survivor called "The White Pearl" which was shown first at the Hartford AutoRama in 1958. Was in a ton of magazines back in the day. Picture1.png Previous owners include the late Gene Pitney. Now owned by a collector in the Chicago area.

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have always liked the '57 Fords better than '57 Chevys, I know that makes me a heretic. I'm just a sucker for big round tail-lights and fins.

Cooon and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. I agree with you. The '57 Chevy is so iconic I'm kind of tired of looking at them. Makes me think of fuzzy dice and freakin' poodle skirts. Am I going to burn in hell for that?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  10. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

My post related to what I thought about '57 Fords and Chevys in '57. Things look a lot different to me today.

11. Well I have owned a couple of '57 Chevies but they have never really been my favorite car. They belonged to the rich kids or wannabe rich kids when I was young. That has kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

Besides the '57 Ford is just a better lookin' car.

12. exterminator

exterminator

I like 57-58 fords and55-57 chevs but I see the fords less then the chevys.

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

So true Saxman.
    That is nearly verbatim, the response I gave on another thread......dejavu or something like that I guess!

lothiandon1940 and Saxman like this.
  14. Thanks DDDenny. I feel validated. :)

15. As a lifetime Tri 5 dork, I can tell ya even I get tired of looking at the damn things sometimes!
    This thread was like opening the door to the neighbor girls' house. Glad to see something different!

Saxman likes this.
  16. Somebody asked if the '58 wagons had round tailights like the Rancheros...oddly enough, no. Particularly strange since in '57, Rancheros and wagons used the same main tailgate (only the upper sheet metal trim being different). I guess in '58 Ford had a bunch of leftover tailgates to use up from '57's, so they went on the 'cheros.

17. The '58 Ranchero didn't get the wagon tailgate because it was too easy to knock the taillight lenses off when backing up to some loads with the gate down.... they hung down rather low.

18. jvo

jvo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I was ten years old, I thought my friend's dad's 57 Ford was the ugliest car on the planet. Now I'm 61 and I have a 57 Ranchero project in the garage. Go figure.

19. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

1 part Rum, 2 parts Malt liquor and a splash of ATF

falcongeorge and Saxman like this.
  20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I dont quite go back to 1957, but I have liked '57 fords better since I have been old enough to know what one was, which would be about 1966/67 anyway. That was definitely a minority opinion then, my friends thought I was a dork for liking '57 fords better.In retrospect, they may have been right.:D Around 1970, my best friends older brother had a metallic purple '57 Ranchero with chromies, a Y-block and "big-daddy" glass-paks, man I thought that was bad-ass!

21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

22. Mmmmmm ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Gary Coe - Ron Larson special. I understand there is a Clone of that car under way by Gary himself.
    The Wizzard

falcongeorge likes this.
  23. RmK57

RmK57

It is done right. He has the filler panel on the lower part of the taillight, and whats really the cats meow
    is the Edsel Roundup trim. Very rare and desirable pieces.

chevy57dude likes this.
  24. Ah... the Gunfighter. AWB with an injected SBF. Very quick on the rare occasions he could get it to go straight... LOL

falcongeorge likes this.
  25. I always thought that car was called the Egyptian

26. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

i greatly prefer 1957 ANYTHING to 1958.

PunkAssGearhead88 likes this.
  27. 'Mo

'Mo

It was always my understanding that Don Beoke himself was known as "the Egyptian".

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Northwest sixties drag racing icon right there...

29. 56longroof

56longroof

Nah. Just plain stupid. Probably a bunch of rice burner pussies.