Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 ford power brakes-wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spinner, Apr 5, 2010.

1. spinner

spinner

Hi guys i need some info if you can help . i am changing my 57 ranchero over to disc brakes . i am using brake tech solutions kit that i think is a modifed 1975? ford granada with 11ins. disc . i would like to keep my 14 ins . wheels on the front [new tires & hudcaps]. they say i can if i use a 14in. disc brake wheels . anyone have an idea as to what cars these wheels would come from?

2. Any disc brake Torino, Elite wheel should be fine, as long as it came from a disc brake application. For specific years, 1971-1977 should be good. Later T-Birds with 5 lugs are good too.

Bob

3. spinner

spinner

4. hoop

hoop

Disck brake Granadas and Mavericks.

5. spinner

spinner

thanks hoop

6. Thats good info. I am going to change my 59 Ranchero over this summer and was wondering about the 14 "disc brake" wheels. I also want to keep the 14" wheels and stock small hub caps.

7. P.S. I have already changed it over to PB's,,,wow, what a difference. Can't imagine what it will be like with disc to boot.

8. what Hoop said. These are type "D" wheels, and I think some Maverick, Comet wheels are in this category. your salvage yard will have a cross reference.

9. Most Maverick and Comet wheels were 4-lug for the 6 bangers those cars had in them. The wheels I mentioned are 6" wide and maybe 7" wide if you can find some from a station wagon application.

Bob

10. eberhama

eberhama

I have a pair of granada 14" rims I'd sell for $50. I can get a pic of them if you need it.

11. spinner

spinner

eberhama send you a pm thanks

12. if you got to granada brakes you have to check the clearance between the caliper and the rim on 14" I don't think they fit.
    Also you have the machine down the the center disc hub to allow for the smaller hub hole on the stock wheels.

13. Geofordman

Geofordman

Most Granada late Maverick and Torinos had the big center hole and were 14" disc brakes stock. Make sure before buying wheels that they have the matching large center hole and you will be good. Drum brake 14's have the small centers.

14. hoop

hoop

Granadas were 14inch. Wheels from a disc brake Granada have the larger center hole.