Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 Ford E-code

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LowKat, Jan 25, 2013.

1. I'm hoping somebody has E-code info. The car I'm looking at is a 57 Ranchero with an E-code 312. Also has a 3 speed overdrive trans and 4:11 open rear. Willow green and colonial white. Assembled in Kansas City. I've only heard mention of one other E-Ranchero. Any idea how many were made?

2. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I was trying to buy one in NE a couple years ago. Someone got to it before me and I ended up with a 35 ford 3w consolation prize. I heard there wasn't to many made. I did quite a few searches when I was trying to buy that one and I couldn't find any hard numbers.

3. Thunderroad312

Thunderroad312

Cool car, does it still have the correct stuff on the motor? I don't think you can narrow down how many E-code Rancheros were made. There were 1500 T- Birds, passenger cars were not that well documented. Let's just say if it's the real deal, it's rare. Make sure that the # on the frame (top right side above the idler arm) matches the cowl tag.Please post pictures if you get it.

4. anybody else?

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

The 57 VIN# begins with the engine size. A-223 B-272 C-292 D-312 E-312 8V
    F-312 Supercharged. Thats assuming it has the correct VIN tag on it & the frame # matches. Mine begins w/an A but it has a 292 in it. Things get swapped over the years. Very cool car though, hope its correct. Ck out 1957Ford.com lots of info over there.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  6. There is a Guy in Washington that says he has one. Heck, sounds like the same one. I could P.M. ya his contact info. He's had my 57 Fairlane for paint repair a long time. Seems like he knows a lot about 57 Ford's. Wish mine would come Home.