Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 F100 Build (First Truck!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratzkid, Jul 8, 2011.

1. ratzkid

ratzkid
    from Payson, UT

I just turned 15, and my dad gave me this 1957 F100 truck. and gave me a 390 to build, we have 3 of these trucks ( a 1958 F100 Short Bed, a 1960 F100 Original 4x4 and My 1957 F100). i missing a few parts (such as a hood and grill) otherwise a very nice truck with minimal rust. if u wanna post pictures and ideas that would be much appreciated! haha im not sure if i want to slam it to the ground or raise it sky high (;

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. ratzkid

ratzkid
    from Payson, UT

3. ratzkid

ratzkid
    from Payson, UT

here
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  4. BIGB0SS E.D.D.

BIGB0SS E.D.D.
    from Oklahoma

I hope this truck turns out the way you want it, and I am also building my first truck(1950 ford f1).

5. I love the 57-60 Body style. I have been collecting parts for mine.

CJ has lots of cool pics for inspiration on his website.

I have always loved these truck with two tone paint.

Good luck with your build.
    Jeff

6. Nice start, pretty cool that its originally a 4x4

7. a4t1rat

a4t1rat
    from Utah

AHHH!!! Thats my Boy :D:D I hope this keeps him busy and out of trouble :eek:

8. ratzkid

ratzkid
    from Payson, UT

haha thanks dad :)

i was out today working on it in my spare time. i put the front suspension in and got it ready to be mounted and started putting the motor together a little bit. making progress, but still have a long way to go.

right now im just going to build it (semi) stock and just figure out what i am going to do from there :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  9. BTW, you guys don't have a spare 9" for one of these laying around do ya? :D

10. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Attached Files:

11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Good for you! I agree with your approach, build it stock now and learn about the truck in the process. You can always drop it later; reversed eye springs, a dropped axle and 60 series tires will get it down there nicely and no welding is required. Thats what I did to the '56 F100 that is my avatar. Looks like you have a 4 speed in there too, that'll add to the fun factor. Building the engine will also test your knowledge of decimals, I never really figured them out till I started working on cars as a youngster. Give the old man a high five, he did you right. :D

12. Looks like a good project. I just turned 15 and am building a 59 F100. Keep goin man!

13. ratzkid

ratzkid
    from Payson, UT

i dont belive so, i dont even have a rear end for my truck yet. xD

14. It's always cool when a young man starts his first project.
    Good luck,

15. ratzkid

ratzkid
    from Payson, UT

ok, so i got out there today to work on it did a little bit longer than 30 min, i got the suspention mounted and the steering hooked up and working.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ratzkid

ratzkid
    from Payson, UT

hahaha also i have some fenders that we found laying around there are pretty nice but one of them is a little beat up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ratzkid

ratzkid
    from Payson, UT

ok, so i foung out i have all the fenders, inner fenders, radiator support ect. that i need. im still looking for a bed and a 1957 grill (badly, i love that look of the 1957) i need to get motor mounts for my 390 FE. then i can put all my stuff on :) haha i set the fenders on it for an idea, ill post pics later

18. blackedout

blackedout
    from illinois

I have a 59 grill if you can't find a 57.

19. mrt777_91910

mrt777_91910

A good place to find almost ever part you are looking for is LMC Trucks go online and order the free catalog they have for 57 -77 Ford trucks

20. ratzkid

ratzkid
    from Payson, UT

ok, so i was out there pretty much ALL day and got a lot done! cleaned and painted the motor looks REALLY good, put front tires on, set the fenders on there with like 2 bolts just for an idea. it has come a long way in just a couple of hours

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. LOOKS like a good start, There is something like 80! bolts in all that front end tin, have fun!

22. KC-Steve

KC-Steve

Nice start on the truck! Any chance "Dad" might adopt me so I can reap some of those bennies? I need to stay outta trouble too! :D

Steve

23. ratzkid

ratzkid
    from Payson, UT

so i haven't really been out there lately, put gaskets on and got it all bolted down (thanks to my dads handy torque wrench A.K.A the clicky socket wrench XD ) painted a bunch of misc parts. and got the intake manifold cleaned up (just buffed out aluminum not polished) ill post pics later when i take them.

Also you guys please post pics of your trucks 57 - 60 and build links, it would help me out so much!

24. ratzkid

ratzkid
    from Payson, UT

got the motor painted!!!! WOOT WOOT!!! its all ready to be put in and hooked up!!! ^.^

[​IMG]

25. ratzkid

ratzkid
    from Payson, UT

OK so today i found out that my truck is an Original 1957 that came with a 272 8 CYL that came with a 2BC Carb, and it had 153 HP. Thats what it came with!!!! im stoaked! haha :)

26. looks good

ought to really GO with that big block

27. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Yup, probably pass everything but a gas station. :rolleyes: :D

28. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

I like the look of these low like this one i saw at a show a few weeks a go.

Attached Files:

29. ratzkid

ratzkid
    from Payson, UT

me too i love them low, i saw one that was lifted at a car show a month or so ago and fell in love with the look xD

1957 F100 4x4.jpg