Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 CHEVY SOUTHEAST GASSERS BUILD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zak Hall, May 11, 2015.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I think Isky makes a good cam but for some reason I feel that a cam with a single pattern is leaving some on the table.
    When cam shopping for my 409 Schneider was the only ones that asked questions I felt one would want to know not just say this cam off the shelf will work for you. I am going with these guys.

2. MOPAR did this over 40 years ago with their mushroom headed lifters on their factory cams back in the day, for classes that didn't allow rollers. Lifters were inserted from the bottom and allowed for, at the time, unheard of cam profiles for solid cams. Had one called the Mini Express that would really haul ass. When everyone caught on, the rollers became legal for most every class.

loudbang and Zak Hall like this.
  3. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Well I don't know a lot, but I do know that we did some testing today, and the isky cam picked up 6 TENTHS over the comp cam!!!! I'm over the moon. Finally in the 6s. We're getting closer to going rounds in C Gas, I just need to work on my driving, and do some more tuning.

4. I know you've worked hard for it!

Mtn Goat, Dog_Patch and Zak Hall like this.
  5. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Thanks Robert! You're close too, soon we're both gonna be a threat to the C gas class I believe.

Mtn Goat and Dog_Patch like this.
  6. I think we can plan on it. We'll be having hot dogs, nana puddin and washing it down with some shine.

Bad Banana, Zak Hall and Dog_Patch like this.
  8. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

I'm a little slow, I didn't get it till it was explained lol.

Mtn Goat likes this.
  9. You hungry?

10. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Yeah HomeGrown is ready to eat.

11. You know what they say, "Let the Big Fish Eat". I'm hoping we're over the hard part. It shouldn't have taken a season though.

Zak Hall likes this.
  12. Yes, he travels a long way for our races and is a great addition.

13. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

We're gonna make a few more changes to the ol' 57 and we should be ready for myrtle beach. Gonna have to work on the tow truck this week too, hopefully it'll make the trip. lol image.jpeg

14. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Had a great time as always with the Southeast Gassers. North Myrtle beach Dragway was an awesome place with great staff. One of my favorite tracks I've ever been to, and can't wait to go back next year. The car is running better also, and we're gonna be ready for Greer. Making some major changes.

15. You notice you and I were the only ones crossing the water? I bet everyone else knew where the dry road was!

rascal55, Zak Hall, jim snow and 2 others like this.
  16. You really have it going on, Zak. It's fun to tune into your thread for progress reports!
    Around the time you started this thread, my 57 was getting close. Then life hit hard, bike accident, couldn't walk for a bit. Work scarce over the winter, operation... Enough complaining! Zak steady gettin' it, the HAMB was enough to keep my spirits up. Bad times are over. New BBC roller engine goes in the car this week I hope, and finally back where I was 1 1/2 years ago. Vid of your car and all the others is greatly appreciated, we're a visual bunch! Thanks!

Mtn Goat and Zak Hall like this.
  17. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Hate to hear that 57 dude, but glad you're about back together! Yeah Willy I'm running a 55-59 1/2 ton axle under mine, you got any pics of your vette? Post em on here! Hope you get it done soon. I'm thinking about building a small block for D gas too later on, I believe it'll be a fun class.

18. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Hey Zak, How close are you to this? Tony's gonna have the Q-n-D down for some TnT, good practice for Greer! Be cool if you could make it. View attachment 335 6062[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

19. It is a real nice track. Not sure how far of a haul that is for you. We don't have any organized racing - just make a pass when you want to.

Floater03 likes this.
  20. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Great bunch of people too, and if we get a few of the SEG's making some passes, maybe the track owner,Ed, will take notice and look at a date for 2017.

loudbang likes this.
  21. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Zac. congrats on the D/G win! I'm sure you and your dad are proud of each other. Looked like your best run yet, nice whole shot!!

22. Just awesome Zak!!!

Zak Hall likes this.
  23. Danny G

Danny G

Congratulations Zak

Zak Hall likes this.
  24. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Congratulations Zak! Hate that I was working and couldn't be there. Man, you chopped that tree down!

Zak Hall likes this.
  25. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Thanks everybody! Felt great to get a win, especially at the season finals. I've had a great season, met a lot of great people, made some awesome friends, and can't wait for next season. The win was icing on the cake, but either way the Southeast Gassers is the best group of racers, and fans, on the planet. Can't thank Quain Stott and everyone enough for all the work they do to make this group happen, and all the help and advice Quain gave me this season. Next season is gonna be even better. We already started taking the car apart yesterday to hopefully get some paint on her soon. gasser winner.jpg gasser launch.jpg

26. I swear it looks like you have a mile wide grin on that wheelie pic :D

Zak Hall likes this.
  27. Great job Zach u guys definitely worked hard all year to get that win. Your car has came along way can't wait to see what 2017 has in store for you and your dad.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Zak Hall likes this.
  28. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Thanks Jeff, you've made leaps and bounds with the skairlane too.

29. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

It's fun tony, that's all I can say! :)

Dog_Patch likes this.
  30. Proud of you guys. Now maybe we can teach the announcer how to say BLOUNTVILLE!
    BLUNTVILLE

Zak Hall and loudbang like this.