Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 CHEVY SOUTHEAST GASSERS BUILD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zak Hall, May 11, 2015.

1. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Clutch linkage seems to work, got the quarters cut high enough till the tires won't rub, got it mostly wired, almost ready to ride it around the block. Would have tonight but figured my neighbors wouldn't appreciate it at 10:30 at night.

Attached Files:

2. You're steady gettin' it!
    Smart move not pissing off the neighbors.
    Don't miss graduation. One chance and only one to attend. The car will still be there for you.
    One day you'll be glad you did. Believe me.

3. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

4. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Figure out how to post those videos here for those of us that don't have Facebook!!!!!!

Zak Hall likes this.
  5. Russman69

Russman69
    from MI

I second Higgy's request! Keep up the great work on the build. You've got something to be proud of!

Zak Hall likes this.
  6. Thanks for the videos Zak! Baby sounds good, gonna be a mover! Y'all have done a fine job.

Zak Hall likes this.
  7. Cool video, she sounds, looks great. Looks like she is running real well!

lothiandon1940 and Zak Hall like this.
  8. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Thanks everybody. I'll try to post the videos to the HAMB Higgy, but my Facebook is public, so even if you don't have one, you should be able to click the link and see the videos without having a Facebook to log in to.

9. Loved the videos! I can just hear the neighbors now as they peer out their windows, " Oh Fred, it's just that Hall kid from down the street again". The car looks and sounds great.:D

10. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

I got it, didn't work on my tablet but it did on my lap top. I'm not far behind you, good luck this weekend!

Zak Hall likes this.
  11. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Thanks lol

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

I just hope we make atleast one clean pass this weekend!

Higgy's Henry and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. Road testing has always been my favorite part. I live in a subdivision and my neighbors love hearing me fire the new projects up. Car looks great can't weight to see it in action.

Zak Hall likes this.
  14. ..........You apparently have great neighbors.:D

15. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Thanks man, can't wait to see yours either. You gonna make Knoxville?

16. Yes my neighbors are great I haven't had any problems ever open headers half finnished cars all the time :D and my neighbor rite across the street is a cop

mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. I'll be at Knoxville but not with the Skairlane. I had big problems on the dyno a 2 weeks ago and it had to be tore back apart. They are working on fixing it now. I probably won't get to run it til the Meltdown. Are you guys comming up for the meltdown?

Zak Hall likes this.
  18. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

No we won't make the meltdown, we're gonna use the down time in June-July to do paint and body work on the car. Hate you had problems, just part of drag racing though I guess. We have definitely had our share.

19. AmishMike

AmishMike

what was the problem with the engine???? what did they find on tear down?

20. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Didn't make it to Union with the car, but we did ride down and watch. Was almost ready to load the car last night, all we had to do was put the windshield in. Bought one through VFN, was a Shakedown lexan glass. Was supposed to be cut for factory rubber, and all we'd have to do is pop the rubber in, pop the lexan in, and go. Well first off, the windshield was stiffer than a wedding dick, and wouldn't curve, even when heating with an industrial heat gun, and the windshield was way too big, and wouldn't even fit in the hole. Secondly classic industries sent me the wrong window rubber, so we had nothing. We fought it all week, and other than the windshield, we were ready. Still had a good time, seen some good racing, and got some good advice on putting the windshield in. Also got to hang out some with Robert, and Sonee, and seen Sonee make it to the semis.

mad mikey and Dog_Patch like this.
  21. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Got the windshield in tonight. Got a few things like a clutch stop, and a few things left to do, but it's race ready.

Attached Files:

22. Really nice windshield there. Borderline perfessional!

Zak Hall likes this.
  23. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Thanks Robert!

24. You gonna make Knoxville? That thing looks fast :rolleyes:

Zak Hall likes this.
  25. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Just a question, do ya have the trim for around the windshield?

Zak Hall likes this.
  26. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

We're gonna be at Knoxville. I hope it runs better than it looks haha.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  27. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Yeah I have the trim. Gotta glue the window rubber in it, but not gonna do that till its painted.

Higgy's Henry and mad mikey like this.
  28. Awesome ! :)

29. Great videos, my neighbors would probably shit a brick if I did a launch in front of the house...ha ha ha

Zak Hall likes this.
  30. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

By the way, seen the quick and dirty at Union. Looks like it's a handful! Definitely not a bracket car lol. New motor looks strong too.

mad mikey likes this.