Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 chevy p/u pics???? info???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by repoguy, Jul 14, 2007.

1. repoguy

repoguy

Looks like my search for a 50's pickup may be over. I found a white 57 chevy stepside at a towyard, the price is right, and it looks like it may be mine soon. I really like the 55-59 Chevys pickups, so I'm pretty stoked.

My plans are to lower it a few inches (not going the scraper route), run some simple wheels (probably steelies & trim rings with no caps), build a nice little mild 283 for it, and do some kind of old speed shop logo on the door. I haven't seen inside the truck yet (I've only seen the outside of it fairly close up through a fence, so I'm not sure if it's a stick or auto) but if it's a stick I'll probably run a T5 or something, and if it's got a powerslide I'll ditch it and run a 700r4. Don't really care about making it fast or about towing anything with it, I really just want a cool old truck that's reliable & gets decent mileage that I can drive around comfortably and use it for light truck stuff like running parts, fishing, surfing, home depot, etc.

Anyone have any 57 truck pics to share to give me a little motivation?

What are the best places to find decent body and trim parts and stuff?

2. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

Good luck -- great find!

My first ride was a '56 GMC shorty stepside. Great looking trucks, lots of folks out there with parts -- sorry, don't have any infor handy, maybe later.

If it's got a 292 in it that you don't want, let me know!

3. let's see...

Attached Files:

4. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

5. repoguy

repoguy