Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1957 Cadillac 365 V8 Engine Rebuilt

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Nailhead Jeff, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Nailhead Jeff

Nailhead Jeff
    from fresno

City: Fresno

State: California
    Price: 4500 OBO
    Hello, this auction is for a completely rebuilt 1957 Cadillac 365 cid engine. This motor was rebuilt with period correct NOS components. I had planned on using it in my 1951 Ford but I have since gone a different direction with the project. Painstaking detail went into every aspect of this motor. Breakdown is as follows:

Core Selection & Cleaning: The engine was pulled from a 1957 Cadillac limo that was acquired from the Ojai car farm, It had been parked since the mid 1970’s. The block heads and accessories were hot tanked and shot blasted.

Short Block: A full rebuild was completed on the short block. It has been square decked and bored and honed. The connecting rods were resized, and the crankshaft was reground .010/.010. Rotating assembly has been balanced and all NOS parts were used in assembly. Main bearings are NOS Federal Mogul, Rods are Johnson Bronze, Pistons are NOS Jahns. These have a small dome and yield an 11.00:1 compression ratio.

Valvetrain: Camshaft is a custom hydraulic lifter Clay Smith grind. Advertised duration is 280 and lift is .470 on both the intake and exhaust LSA is 111. This cam will have a lumpy idle. Lifters are new Elgin hydraulic and Timing chain is USA made by SA gear. Factory rocker arm assemblies have been completely rebuilt and the tips refaced.

Cylinder Heads: Stock heads have been rebuilt and upgraded. They have new cast iron guides, hard seats, and new intake and exhaust valves. In addition to the rebuild they have been gasket matched and pocket ported.

Accessories: The engines comes as pictured with rebuilt stock water pump, NOS AC fuel pump, valve covers, timing chain cover and oil pan. Also included is a stock distributer that has been recurved and converted to electronic with a Pertronix Ignitor.

Trades: As with anything I have for sale I would entertain a trade. No motorcycles, boats, or cars newer then the 1970’s.

Shipping: I will be happy to crate this engine and ship worldwide. Please contact me for a quote.

Attached Files:

2. Nailhead Jeff

Nailhead Jeff
    from fresno

3. Nailhead Jeff

Nailhead Jeff
    from fresno