Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 Cadillac 2 dr Hardtop whats it worth..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kellys Hot Rod Parts, Mar 3, 2013.

1. I am dealing on the 57 Caddy 2dr hardtop but really dont know the market on them..The car runs and drives but has no brakes (needs booster).Original paint with a little rust in the body and bumpers..Interior is surpisingly nice ..So what would you pay???

Attached Files:

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

No idea, but I don't think it will be cheap. Being a two door hardtop and in nice condition probably will make it worth more than one would think.

Don

3. I have no idea of value but if I walked into your shop and there was a duece 3 window and that car I would walk over to that car. I have wanted a '57 caddy since I was in highschool.

You don't see them alot but I would think that one would bring good coin on the open market.

Ok haven't done an indepth search but my quick google search brought this one up on Hemmings. '57 two door seville, 34K

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/cadillac/eldorado/1426579.html

Doesn't mean that they will get that for it but it may give you some idea.

4. rc57

rc57

My dad paid $3500 approx 4 yrs ago. Only found 2 small floor rustholes (pencil-size) rough paint & bumpers. Bumpers are a fortune on these-like 3-4K each. I did find a source for about $1700 each, nice re-chromes. If you pick it up, pm me & I'll get you the info.

5. I would think bumpers are expensive but they must be around somewhere....A running and driving 57 anything in a 2 dr should certainly be worth something right?

6. chstitans42

chstitans42

If you get that car fro around 3K, Ill take 5 please. That would be a steal!

7. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

Seriously?? You seem to be in the business of buying-selling cars and parts from all your other posts and threads.. Do you really NOT know what a decent '57 Coupe is worth in the Rust-belt?? Com'on--are you gonna fish on the H.A.M.B. for a supposed approximate "value" of a project car- when otherwise you'll be flipping the car in a week? If the car is for sale and a good deal--why don't you pass the deal along to someone on here who actually wants the car--for a keeper rather than a resale opportunity? Do some research online for what the car is "worth"--as always--it's :worth: as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

8. its not worth nothing send it to me ill take care of it you wont even have to get yer hands dirty

9. If you watch my posts friend you will see that I mainly build 30 and 40's cars as a hobby..and yes I have sold a lot of cars over the years ..far more than even you could imagine...I Did have a collector car dealership for 16 years but due to my wifes health I am now retired..I have never delt in old caddys and thought maybe someone here knows more about them then I do..Even someone as low down as I cant possibly know the real value of everything with wheels my friend.....hope you have a wonderful evening now that you got the built up the negativity I seem to have caused you off your chest.........oh and as for selling parts...my wife has the parts biz to supplement her disability income...hard to survive on a social security check...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  10. A good set of quarter spears used to be worth about a grand when I was looking for some a few years ago. :eek:

11. I paid $6500 for mine with a bad engine 15 years ago and have put another $4k into chrome and stainles trim and an engine overhaul. Those rear bumper ends are hard to find that arn't rotted out from the exhaust. The cars are not prone to rust but not many 2 dr hardtops have survived due to the X frame and side colisions..

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

13. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Pretty high on the cool factor.

14. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Around $6000?

I sold a nicer 58 coupe for $8000 a few years ago. I think the market was stronger at the time too. Mine came with a pair of excellent extra 1/4 panel spears, all the chrome was there and really nice. Body was rust free and nearly dent free. Original paint and interior in good shape for its age, new carpet, and I threw in a bunch of matching vinyl and cloth that I had bought for a lot of $. I put reproduction emblems and tail light lenses, rebuilt the headlight retainers and new bulbs, new WWW from coker. The original engine was newly rebuilt. I redid the brakes, except the master cylinder.

I'm thinking I let it go way too cheap though, now that I add that stuff up. lol I had been asking $10k for it.

15. OLLIN

OLLIN

I had mine on here about 2 years ago in similar shape, all original paint and interior 98% complete, with one quarter panel popped in, but otherwise Really straight, motor was frozen---Started it at 6k, lots of interest but no takers for a while, and ended up taking $4400

16. Deuces

Deuces

Buy it and paint it gloss black....
    like an old mobster's ride...:D:D:D:cool:

17. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a decent 57 that ran well and it just needed brake lines and exhaust bumper ends. Very nice a couple dings in the body. Black body and white top it was purchased out of Penn for 4K in 2006. She is gone now but it was real nice. I would think in the north it would bring more

18. i went to look at one for a customer that had found it through a club member. the car had been in a garage since the late '70's and had just under 90k on the odometer. it did not run and the brake pedal was hard but all the lines were rusty. it needed exhaust, lower front fender patches, tires, belts, hoses, fuel tank cleaned, and all the usual stuff to get an old car going. my customer did not buy it but when it sold it was to a fellow in california who paid $5500 plus the shipping. hope that helps.

19. Riff Raff Customs

Riff Raff Customs

I'm going through a 57 coupe right now. Clean ones are hard to find. In the last 5 years 50's Caddy coupes have DOUBLED in price. If all the parts are there thats the most important because finding parts are difficult and expensive. Qtr bead moldings are 1000. A piece IF you can find them. Rear bumper ends are hard to find as well. If all the trim and bumpers are there and straight and the car is somewhat clean needing restoration I would pay between 8 and 10k.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. road_toad666

road_toad666

Honestly, I wouldn't hesitate to flop down 10 grand worth of devalued, tired Federal Reserve notes for that car. Looks to be a very nice investment, it isn't as if it is going to go down in value or anything.

21. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

I bought a way rusty 57 coupe for US$3,200 about ten years back and had it shipped out here.

There was a tidy black coupe that ran here in the classifieds about 4-5 days ago for $20,000. I thought it was a reasonable price for a tidy driver, so maybe $13-$15,000 for your one would not be outrageous.

22. Hard to tell its value, but if I found this on the side of the road in my hometown with a sign on it saying "for sale", I would expect the price to very close to what GasserTodd is recommending, and that would be for a fairly downtrodden example. (upwards of 13 grand) Just a rough guess, but that's Oz prices which will always be significantly higher than local estimates.

23. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

I agree with the last two....about 10 to 12k give or take a little...

24. I bought this one for $6500 in 1996 with a bad engine and some side trim missing.

25. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

from pics it looks to be a 9-12k car.

I have a complete rear bumper for that car if you do buy it.

26. big M

big M

Without seeing it in person, I would put an estimated price of $6,000- $8,000 on your 62 series coupe. Looks to be a fairly decent survivor without too many major issues.

Rear bumpers are pricey, as the exhaust exited through the ends, and most are rusted out.

---John

27. Gotta be in the $8-12k range from the looks of it, especially the nice interior shot.

Bob