Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 cad ....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tore, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Tore

Tore

Is there any diference in a 365 water pump from 57 or a 390 waterpump from 59 ??

2. Nick

Nick

Pretty sure there is. I think the water outlets come out in different places.

-Nick

3. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

This is true. '57 is the ONLY year where the lower water oulet points towards the passenger side. If yours is going I may suggest taking it to a rebuilder it is alot less $$$ than finding one that works. Don't ask me how I know this. The pulley hub flange is slightly thicker on the models with A/C but the overall deminsion from the mounting flange to outside of hub surface is still the same.

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kanter sells rebuilt water pumps; they have a pricey core charge on the '57 model only.

I agree with Kirk. When I had a '57 Cadillac in need of a water pump, a friend who owned a NAPA store sent my pump to a rebuilder and it was far less than buying one that was already rebuilt.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. GaryM

GaryM

6. Tore

Tore

Thanks guys ! I bouht a pump fore the 390 but it did not fit, so if annyone needs it I have one spare....