Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1957 Buick special

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by gump, Feb 16, 2015.

1. gump

gump

City: Harrisburg

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: 11,500 obo
    IMG_0325_zps0f328c8c_1.jpg 602-vi.jpg

I'm gonna be 100% truthful with you. First the car is beautiful. Car was originally from Georgia, then Ohio for what looks like 10 yrs. Starting in the front. Bumper and grill are nice and still shine but some pitting. Fenders solid, hood solid, no wiper arms are in car, the vacuum wiper motor is there. The engine was rebuilt in early 2000 from previous owners and I'm telling you that engine sounds and runs so strong. The back freeze plug has rust hole that makes it drip a bit of antifreeze. I have engine gaskets and freeze plugs all new and will be included in the sale. The dynaflow leaks, the torque ball gaskets go bad in dynaflows again I have the gasket kit for this as well and will be included. I planned on taking the motor and tranny out and detailing them and replacing all gaskets, I have not done this and the price reflects that. .definitely needs addressed. Tires are new. Wheel bearings new, wheels cylinders are all new. But I have just discovered there is a leak in the break lines somewhere. Doors are solid, doors were shaved properly all metal was done 20 plus years ago not showing any cracks or can't tell they were there. The body is as straight as they come. All stainless trim is there and nice. All glass is good except passenger door window and vent window are cracked, again I have all new glass to replace these two and go with the sale of car. I also have about 300$ in window channels and felt not installed yet but goes with car. Interior is a beautiful white tuck n roll with white headliner and black carpet, no rips no sags. It now has a new metal flake gold steering wheel. Speedometer, radio, and vent controls do not work, could be a simple fix not sure never cared. The rear footwell floor area has been cut out and replaced. Floors are solid, trunk is solid no rot, new air shocks in rear. Front lowered with coils. Steering wheel has some play in it. The only issue on body is under the rear passenger Windows all the way at the bottom, the body wraps way under out of sight there is a hole on both sides of the car that is about 2"x3" that needs cut out and new metal welded in. Again this is out of sight you'd have to lay on ground to see this... Paint is a hot rods flat black. This is the entire car as I can think of! I hope this helps. It sounds like a lot of stuff but I'm telling you everything. All fixable and all the parts needed to fix you get with car. Ken
    I'm willing to trade. I like anything ford 1928-1941 cars or trucks....

Paris Wilson and Muddbutt like this.
  2. gump

gump