Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 Buick Special Found In Woods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tnrotter, Dec 15, 2010.

1. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

Driven by this Buick about a thousand times, but never saw it until about a week ago. It was grown in the woods and the land owner recently bulldozed some old fence rows and overgrowth revealing this beauty. After searching images I have identified as a 1957 Buick Special. The bulldozer spared it, so they must have recognized it's potential. Really like the roof and the 3 windows in the back. Now I've got to find the current owner.

Attached Files:

2. I know where there is a 54 Ford near there.:rolleyes:

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say you had better be checking on that Buick quick before someone else spots it. It looks like a four door hardtop which makes one hell of a nice cruiser. Except your buddies will elect you as designated driver from the motel to the bars and back to the motel when you are at out of town rod trots.

4. Squablow

Squablow

I'm saying that is a post and not a hardtop. Would be good to save it before it gets scrapped, but don't pay a whole lot, stuff like that can be bought for $500-$600 all day long. They're a real bitch to do any kind of engine swap on also. They are neat looking though, and it would part out really well if it turns out not to be fixable, you could make some money on it that way.

5. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

If it's got a manual trans, the stick bell, flywheel and trans are worth the hassle.

-Brad

6. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

I think its a sedan from zooming in on the pic. Has alot of cool chrome and the roof could be put on something else. Like you said, should part out nicely.

7. sololobo

sololobo

It is a cutom of sorts, it has Mercury side trim, just kidden, the sweet sport sedan 4-door hardtop. Hope you can salvage this honey, those 3-window backs are amazing. Good luck bro, ~sololobo~

8. There's another "57" (Belvedere Gone Mad) being built here that started with about the same resources. Everyone that posts on his thread loves it!

You could go so many different directions with this thing. No matter which way you went (with the exception of r@t r*d) nobody would bust your chops for cutting it up!

Get it, use what you can, part out the rest!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  9. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

Def. need to try and get it.