Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 Bel Air 2 door hardtop 26K miles All Original Pictures!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52carsontop, Aug 7, 2013.

1. In my humble opinion it's been over 100k once in it's life, but so what.
    Maybe it's just TMU ,but does that really matter to you?
    I would count that Bel Air in the $26, maybe $27,000 with my wallet.
    You know it's going to require more money thrown at it once it in your hands, $2,000 maybe $3,000?
    Thats the way old cars are.

2. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

IMHO 30 grand for that car would be more than fair if it just turned your crank! It's been a few months now so can we all know if you bought it or passed?...

3. G-man 32 ford 3w

G-man 32 ford 3w

Ifs it still for sale, it's to much. It would of sold already. There's a lot of nicer cars out there that have a frame off restro for about 5k more. Just my 2 cents.

4. Model T1

Model T1

I have to agree with this--------^^^^^.
    With all of the guys here who think this is a good buy, me too, then why hasn't someone else already taken it home?
    Offer $25,000. If they refuse, offer $30,000. No matter what people think about the rust and grease on the underside, it's a 50+ year old car that was driven 26,000+ miles. Hell look under any midwest vehicle that's a few years old. They get greasy and they have surface rust. Moisture does that.
    Or buy a rusty 57 and restore it for another $50,000.
    By the way, gas tanks do get dirt and rust in them over the years. Esecially when parked for several years.
    And one of the first things people do when trying to sell a car is clean and paint the engine compartment. Most of you would still bitch and moan if they saw rust, dirt, and grime on the engine.
    So this one is not perfect. it's still worth the money no matter how many miles are on it.

5. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

6. chopped

chopped

Profile says he hasn't been on since 8/10/13.