Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Hey I'm cool with that. I would've left mine alone if it would've been there, but it was all missing. And speedy sells the disc kit for $259, that's cheap. But if i don't need it I'm not gonna change it. I'm all about if it worked in 57, it'll work now.

2. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Impala drums are wider and won't fit the '57, use '57 drums. I've always just installed the later hubs and called it Good. I think the stock tri-five hubs need some machine work done for the later style bearings.

3. Ok i got ya. I just need the impala hubs and bearings, and swap the 57 drums over to them.

loudbang and arkiehotrods like this.
  4. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There isn't a damn thing wrong with ball bearings as long as they still have the steel cage for the balls and not the plastic ones that everyone is pushing now. There's just something about plastic in a bearing that makes me want to run the other way!

5. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you're good wit aluminum hub's, you're in business! :D That IS a good price! :cool:

7. I'll order them. I've looked online for the impala hubs but the local parts houses don't show them.

8. I'm in need of a gauge cluster, don't care if the gauges work as long as they exist lol. I've got a housing with no gauges in it.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  9. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You won't be sorry. Sometimes piece of mind is worth WAAAAAY more than the price you pay for it!!! ;)

10. Thanks man, i appreciate the help!

loudbang likes this.
  11. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No thanks needed my Friend, that's what this place is here for! ;) Just get that Sumbitch up and runnin' and do us ALL proud!!! After you're all healed up, of course! :rolleyes:

12. Oh I'm good, got released on the 26th, but i was under the influence of the flu, so i had an extra day off work. I walked out to the shop and just stood there. Caught myself singing "comfortably numb" and felt like i was floating, so i came back in, took more nyquil and went back to sleep :confused:

13. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad you're back in action! Sucks about the flu, wandering aimlessly in the Hayze sucks too!

61Cruiser and loudbang like this.
  14. Hung the radiator, threw on some new hoses, relocated the alternator back to the original position lol. Located some sweet custom suspension mods while under the car :rolleyes: and yes that carb will go in the garbage eventually lol Screenshot_20191229-192928_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20191229-192934_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20191229-192940_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20191229-192944_Gallery.jpg

chryslerfan55, brEad, cktasto and 3 others like this.
  15. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HO-LEE-CHIT!!! That's F*&@#d Up!!! Good thing you crawled 'yo ass under there! Lookin' good man! I wouldn't worry as much about ditching that carb as much as I would that fuel line tho! :eek:

16. Lmao! That fuel line is vintage man! I'll plumb the whole car, but that fuel line will be on the classifieds soon ;)

loudbang likes this.
  17. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I sucked down Nyquil all last week instead of beer! :( I like beer a lot better!!;) And remember no flat black ! Shiney Paint! lol Larry

chryslerfan55, loudbang and 61Cruiser like this.
  18. Absolutely, i bought 40 cans of the gloss black at the dollar store :cool: and i love my nyquil, one thing i couldn't live without lol

19. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

As long as those are USA made nails they'll last a lifetime! I guess that's a locking lug nut on the shock to keep anybody from stealing it?

chryslerfan55 and 61Cruiser like this.
  20. No but that's a great idea. I'll get 2 so both sides match

loudbang and 61Cruiser like this.
  21. If you're gonna use 40 cans you need one of these:rolleyes:
    31Ji-iGBCjL._SX466_.jpg

22. Too late buddy, already got one :p but im going to go with the white :D

23. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Lloyd, I have the temp and fuel gauges. They are yours if you give me your address

loudbang likes this.
  24. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Oh yeah, I have a wagon rear bumper too. PM me

loudbang likes this.
  25. It's the small victories don't you think? As i talked about earlier in this thread, i was excited to find out that the small block was actually a fairly decent vintage, not traditional as far as the hamb, but much better than it could have been. I removed the right valve cover to aid me installing the trans dipstick tube, and today when i went to stick the cover back on, i thought wait a minute! Checked the head casting number, heck yeah! Original heads to the engine :D and i have the receipt from the machine shop that did all of the work on this thing. Now I'm even more excited to hammer down on this junk pile! 20200101_143810.jpg

26. So what exactly is the engine? Glad things are coming together for ya.

loudbang likes this.
  27. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Here's food for thought...
    Llloyds 57 Gasser done.jpg

28. It's a 69 350/300hp. 041 heads with a comp cams 262 stick.