Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Never too many projects brother! He who dies with the most toys wins!

1947knuck and loudbang like this.
  2. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Whenever I feel bad about it I go to a gathering of about a dozen old timers with Hot Rods that meet in a parking lot near my house every Friday. Everyone of them have like 5 cars each and a barn full of old parts. These guys defiantly have the most toys. I'm 54 and I'm the youngest guy there. It's pretty cool and I'm sure some are members here.

3. Never be afraid to switch horses midstream!

arkiehotrods and loudbang like this.
  4. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

The Vette in your avatar Wow! I don't even have to see the whole thing to know it is sick. But I want to.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  5. IMG_4028.JPG

6. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I knew it would be great. Thanks for showing me. I like the new rims but I liked the old ones too.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Next summer I plan to run the slots again.

8. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Nice! they look great and so does the car.

scotty t and loudbang like this.
  9. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Honestly started to post this one here after seeing the photo shop request for blue with scallops and looking for pics of em. I like this style too, Street freaky or not. You can raise the front quite a bit with bigger springs and balljoint spacers to allow them. no straight axle needed.
    upload_2019-12-8_6-33-57.jpeg

10. glrbird

glrbird

FYI you don’t want to take more than the directions say, my wife did and fried her kidneys, now doing only 30% of there normal production. Be careful!

11. Yeah i heard that, I've hauled a lot of people in my ambulance in renal failure due to ibuprofen

1947knuck, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  12. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

What ever way gets you there. I love that old Gasser look. I do like when all the parts are chrome, straight axle and springs, but the cost. WOW!

13. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I use to take Ibuprofen all the time but haven't needed it in years. All I did was stop drinking soda(high fructose corn syrup) and stop eating sugar. Best thing I ever did.

14. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Did you get any thing done on it today? I'm on my way now to go take out my driveshaft and disconnect my clutch.

15. Nothing on the 57, worked on a customer's 39 coupe all day, got my fingers crossed that i get some parts tomorrow!

16. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I hope you get them. I got a little done today. Hoping to get more done tomorrow.

loudbang likes this.
  17. Hell I'm done!! Moose finished it up for me!

18. Wish my bumper looked that nice :rolleyes:

19. chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  20. Throw on some skinny whitewalls?

21. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Wish it was that easy.

22. You don't need no steeenking bumper!

23. Got a nice new radiator sitting in the living room, but a slight set back from a gall bladder gone bad is keeping me down for a few days.... doctor says no lifting:(

24. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Hope you feel better soon.

25. The white is the way I'm going. The guys here that do the photoshop work are an invaluable tool. Much thanks guys. I'm about 90% healed from the surgery and i wouldn't have made it with my sanity without all of you guys to keep me company while I've been laid up. I've become a HAMB addict lol. We need a thread for psychiatric support lmao! I'll get back on the wagon this week and make some progress! Screenshot_20191221-220248_Gallery.jpg

26. RMONTY

RMONTY

You got that radiator in yet? Surely you can get a buddy over there to at least set it in place so you can look at it! I hope you are healing up. It's no fun being down when you got new parts!

loudbang likes this.
  27. Momma is going to get groceries for the Christmas festivities at the mother in law's house tonight, soon as she leaves i gotta hustle and wrap her gifts, and then I'm gonna stick the radiator in :D

28. Done yet?

loudbang likes this.