Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Sweet! Free money! Lmao! I'll check out Rock Auto, thanks Mr. Jed :cool:

loudbang likes this.
  2. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ain't No thing, Brother! :cool:

loudbang likes this.
  3. I like the white Lloyd

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. Too bad you're so far from here. My original A arms are rebuilt with PST bushings & ball joints. Powdercoated, too. Heavy parts to ship, however.

5. Well shit :rolleyes::D i was to the point where i was gonna go for a little shakedown ride Saturday, but i thought to myself i had better give everything a once over. So i jacked the rear up and checked every bolt and nut. Good shape. Went to the front right, grabbed some tools, a grease gun and climbed under, put the wrench on the lower ball joint nut and well, it's stripped lol. Climbed out from under the car, let the Jack down and said oh well. Par for the course I guess :D

Squablow, loudbang, OLSKOOL57 and 3 others like this.
  6. Well, at 63 years old, it's pretty close to retirement age. So understandable when a part is worn out...

7. chargin03

chargin03

loudbang likes this.
  8. Yeah but these are bolted in, so they're not original, right?

9. That is high tech lacquer from axalta. But the urethane 2k i use is the same brand.

loudbang and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  10. chargin03

chargin03

Thank You

loudbang likes this.
  11. primed34

primed34

Nope stock lowers are bolt in. At least they are on my '55 that I've had since 1970.

12. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I'm pretty sure the originals were riveted in and when replaced they got bolted in.

13. primed34

primed34

They were. I thought he was thinking of press in type.

loudbang likes this.
  14. IIRC the left side on my car is riveted. Either way they're tired and i gotta change em :rolleyes: I'm gonna take one for the team and try the speedway kit lol. Thinking I'll order the tie rod kit as well.

15. Yeah i wish they were press in lol, those bitches are like $20

loudbang and scotty t like this.
  16. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tite-Wad!!! Lol! :D

scotty t and loudbang like this.
  17. It's called BROKE BASTARD!!!!! The termite folks got $1700 of my money today :rolleyes: :(

scotty t, loudbang and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  18. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well... I guess that just about kills the stimulus check! :rolleyes::( Seriously though, I know you're itchin' to drive 'er but, I think I'd wait a week or two and get the better quality parts. Especially if you're planning on keeping it for a while. Just another 2 cents worth of opinion. What are we up to now... 4 cents? If you ask enough questions, I might be able to "Finance" this endeavor 2 cents at a time! Who's the Tite-Wad now... LOL!!! :p;) Just go with it and see what happens! :D

scotty t and loudbang like this.
  19. Just like an old record, time to check out what's on side B :D good times right here ;) Screenshot_20200602-162646_Gallery.jpg

20. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

Dont know how bad rust is in your neck of the woods,up here in eastern canada the drivers side is always the worst,seems all the salt and rocks and crap splashed on that side from meeting cars?,Im like you i have a small bodyshop at my home,I always do the worst side first,makes it easier,as the worst is behind me.:confused:.Harvey

21. Oh rust is a part of life here too lol. The drivers side is the worst but it's not horrible, somebody had already replaced the rockers and fixed the passenger side door bottom. Made my job a little bit easier :D just wish they hadn't stopped, they was doing a good job :cool::rolleyes:

bchctybob, loudbang, The37Kid and 2 others like this.
  22. my theory is the puddles on the passenger side of the road wash the nonsense off, the driver side never gets cleaned out...hence the extra rust/rot.

loudbang and The37Kid like this.
  23. Didn't know where to post it but the guy that i built this 37 for just sent me this picture :D imagejpeg_0.jpg

Elcohaulic, Gangrene, i.rant and 14 others like this.
  24. Nice!

25. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a nice looking car!!! You must feel pretty damn proud right about now, and you should!!! :cool:

26. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Do you have pictures of all of the cars you have built so you could share them with us? At least the HAMB friendly cars.

Elcohaulic, loudbang and scotty t like this.
  27. I didn't like the wheels, kept telling him it needed chrome reverse lol, but yeah i was tickled with how it came out :D

loudbang, scotty t and 427 sleeper like this.
  28. There's not many that i have built that fit in here. Bunches of muscle car stuff. I've posted about everything that's within the guidelines, some got busted for the "fancy wheels" and ifs, but they weren't my cars lol, i do whatever the customer request around here :D here's that 37 the day i picked it up.... 20181026_183516.jpg

loudbang and scotty t like this.
  29. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

The customer is always right! Motto that a business owner must follow if he wants to make a living!

loudbang likes this.