Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. I'm a poor fractional Jack, i meant pour fetional, well i mean, oh hell with it, where's them damn nails ;) hey my shifter works, I'm one with the world right now. Time to clean my gas tank :D

2. Hey Lloyd which one are you?
    E64CA3B0-B7C1-4146-AB8A-5CAC18D0AB17.jpeg

3. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I did the exact same thing in a '48 Ford pickup I had crammed a 425 dual quad Buick into. With automatic linkage inside, the brake pedal would hit it (with "panic stops") and shift it out of gear. Also the rod down to the bell-crank went through the floor exactly where my heel rested when on the gas pedal. Just a couple of things to consider. Hopefully these won't be a problem for you...but are all easy fixes. Also tech-screwed a sheetmetal cover over all the moving parts...to hide it, and to not accidently hit it with my foot.
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  4. Yeah I've checked it all. No interference anywhere. It's basically going through the hole that the clutch rod went through. And i get everything from park to low. Tickled to death ;) Now if the lacquer thinner will cut this crap out of the tank I'll be flying high.

5. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Those are the world famous Flannigan sisters, Avis and Mavis; they both quit medical school to become clam diggers, and volunteer firefighters. They sure liven things up at the firehouse. The mustaches are fake by the way.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. It's rusty, got some dings, ain't lined up perfect, but it's on there ;) and what a pain in the ass to do by yourself!!! 20200402_202403.jpg

7. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Take it back off and just run the grille bar... Unless you got a '57 Buick grille to put in there... ;):D:rolleyes:

chryslerfan55, primed34 and loudbang like this.
  8. Like that? 20200331_171925.jpg

loudbang and hotrodjack33 like this.
  9. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Why put it on when you gotta take it right back off to paint? Just like punishing yourself? :)

10. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Looks like you made it work, but why not "Z" the shift arm to get it outside the car? Basically, cut it off, move the loose end forward into the engine bay, then connect it with a piece of flat bar stock. I hope that makes sense!

11. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like that, but with the bar in the center of the opening too.

12. Yeah i know what you're saying, that was my plan in the beginning. But i went simple lol

13. I don't have the turn signal bar. And the grille i have isn't good. Those will come later ;) are you running the front bumper on your car?

14. Hell yeah!! It was completely apart when i got it. Trying to figure out how it goes back together, and see what i have and what i need.

15. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

And I thought you were just using it for weight lifting......shows what I know!:)

Yeah, better to try it now, you’d be pissed if you hit the fresh paint while trying to manhandle it in place. Been there, done that, and yes, I got pissed at myself! :):):)

16. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

PFFFTT! Front bumper... Hell No! LOL! Them Damn thing's are UGLY

17. Those are good times for sure ;)

18. Easier to pull them front wheels off the ground ;):D

427 sleeper and loudbang like this.
  19. Tank seems clean, got clean gas out the last rinse. Then another hour getting all of the 1/4" nuts out that i used for abrasive lol. Took a hand operated wire brush to it and applied some gas proof, high tech gas tank, NASA approved, coating. Well, rustoleum :p:D another coat, let it dry while i run new fuel line, stick the sending unit in the tank, throw the tank in the car, and mark another task off the "to do" list ;) 20200403_104512.jpg

20. Next try using a couple feet of chain to agitate the tank it's easy to fish out.

chargin03, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  21. Yeah that would've been a great idea.... yesterday! :p it's back in now, new fuel lines are done. Putting the fill tube back together now. Took a break from laying on my back. Sounds like I'm a hooker :confused:

22. Gman0046

Gman0046

Why don't you just take it to a hot rod shop? They know all the tricks.

23. Yeah that'd be the smart thing to do huh? I'll start doing that after this one...

scotty t, loudbang and 61Cruiser like this.
  24. Getting closer to a trip down the road ;) Runs off the tank now, shifter done, radiator lowered so the hood shuts, bunch of the trim installed, waiting on a few odds and ends that are on the way and need to make a trip down by Lexington to pick up some front hubs off of a 61 impala. But I'm happy with the progress:D now back to the firehouse tmrw to try and outrun the coronavirus!! Peace! 20200403_181558.jpg

25. Hey i just wanna say thanks to the guys @scotty t and @chevy57dude and @427 sleeper for helping me along with some of this stuff and parts! You're great guys. And everybody else that's thrown me help along the way. :D it's like having a group of cool ass buddies right there in the shop with ya ;)

26. bchctybob

bchctybob

I used to tell my kids that sign meant “watch for snakes chasing cars” and tell them to look out the window for snakes.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, loudbang and 61Cruiser like this.
  27. Lmao! Poor kids! I told my son the handicap parking space was reserved for people with big asses! Just like the bigger stalls in the bathrooms! 71YeeE1BMWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

28. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lloyd my Friend, while I truely appriecieate the heart felt prop's, there is absolutely no thanks necessary. I'm just glad that I could help a brother out. :D I'm glad that some of my half assed, dipshit sugestion's and smartassed comments may have helped you out, but it is I that should be thanking you. It seem's that I have made a good friend along the way, and that is what this place is all about! So Thank You for letting me stick my nose in where it doesn't belong! Now, git that Sumbitch on the road! It's gonna be AWESOME! ;):D:cool:

29. Hell yeah Jed! I look forward to meeting you in person for damn sure! Don't tell nobody, cause i ain't got it licensed yet, but i plan on sneaking it down the road tmrw ;) the DMV is closed to all transfers and I've gotta have it inspected for out of state, but I'm gonna take it anyway! Wire hanging out of the tires and all :D