Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1956 Pontiac Star Chief Mild Custom

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by DaxxRuckus, Aug 3, 2014.

1. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

City: La Mesa

State: California
    Price: 12,000
    I hate to even be writing this, but I'm getting married and it's finally time that my baby has got to go in order to make room for the other lady in my life. . .

I bought this car nearly 8 years ago in completely all original condition. Immediately after I got it, the restoration began:

I have pictures, receipts, and documentation from every single step of the process of restoring this car. It includes a folder with every single thing ever done to it, and I will also burn you a CD with all the pictures from the car all original through every step of the restoration (body work, paint, etc). The car was featured in both the SD Union Tribune Cars section, and in the Hot Rod magazine World of Rods (print included). Also includes original 1956 shop manual.

When I got the car, it was all original and was bought new in Chula Vista in 1956. It had a dented passenger front fender from an accident, and the brakes barely worked. There was rust in the normal spots: roof, bottom of the door panels, trunk lid, etc. All of the body work was professionally done by Richard at Rodders Choice in Lakedside. All of the glass was removed, and all the chrome stripped. All rust spots were patched, the car was taken down to bare metal (exterior) and prepped for paint. It then went to San Diego Rod & Custom in Lakeside for the custom paint job, and 40+ hours of pinstriping all done by Manny Cisneros.

Exhaust was done downtown at Bob's Muffler downtown. Two flowmaster 40 series were installed dumped right before the differential, which gives it a low rumble that sounds perfect. Then the lake pipes were added, with custom exhaust work to add in Y pipes off the header to split each dual exhaust. You can unscrew the caps to run straight exhaust (LOUD), or leave them capped to run through the flowmasters.

Front suspension has been completely redone with a complete rebuild kit from Kanter. Includes all bushings, tie rods, springs etc. Just aligned and lubed by BeeLine Brake in PB after installation. All brand new shocks all around. Rear leafs have 3" lowering blocks which give it a nice stance. I have the original fender skirts too, already installed the mounting hardware in the fender, and just bought new rubber seals.

Has a brand new set of Coker white wall radials on it ($1200). It rides great with these new tires! Custom hubcaps all around (rear center caps are off in the pics to fit the fender skirts).

The engine is an original Pontiac 316 with a 4bbl Carter carb, and is relatively stock, with some standard upgrades done for reliability. It shows 3250 miles or so, which has turned over once. I still have ALL the original parts taken off the engine (radiator, oil bath air filter, etc). Pertronix electronic ignition is installed, and a flamethrower coil. New plugs and wires. Water pump was rebuilt, and housing resurfaced at Kenyon Machine machine shop in PB. I installed a brand new 3 core Champion radiator and electric fan, and all new hoses so there is NO cooling issues. All new belts just replaced a week ago. The original generator was removed (couldn't power the electric fan) and replaced with a high output alternator that can easily drive that and the stereo. New battery.

Headlights were replaced with High Output HID lights, with ballasts mounted inside the engine compartment.

Brakes were completely gone through and work perfectly. Has all new pads and drums from Kanter. It has a Bendix power brake booster so it stops great. I literally just picked it up from the shop last week (Harolds Automotive in La Mesa) who did a complete rebuild ($1000) of the Bendix (Treadle-Vac) brake booster. The seals had finally worn out. It now stops like it did brand new!
    The transmission was rebuilt last summer at Summit Transmission here in La Mesa. It had slowly developed a leak, so they pulled it, replaced all seals, etc ($1200). The differential was flushed and all new fluid added.

Interior was custom done by a friend of mine. It has a custom interior with seat covers designed and built with blankets, but they are fitted exactly for these seats. Headliner is done custom too, and all interior accents covered.

The stereo has been upgraded with a Vintage Audio stereo that replaces the stock one. It fits in the same spot and looks original. It plays radio, and off an SD card or USB thumb drive. It was professionally installed at Car Audio Heaven in La Mesa, along with a 12" sub, amp, tweeters, front 6" speakers and rear 6x9"s. It sounds awesome.

I know every square inch of this car, and every single thing about it. I would be glad to show you and answer any questions. It is my baby, I've put thousands of dollars and my heart and soul into this car for 8 years, and really want it to go to a good h 00B0B_e0eN8ZQ02e_600x450.jpg 00F0F_6gWwGT3LJmR_600x450.jpg 00H0H_iHpmCOX5bZ9_600x450.jpg 00I0I_lGqmqncnXSr_600x450.jpg 00m0m_eqEjqksCXh6_600x450.jpg 00N0N_fA6MZggxUr3_600x450.jpg 00O0O_1UaxJ0cmSbs_600x450.jpg 00O0O_8BOn2h5HUao_600x450.jpg 00t0t_duVv3bPDBnu_600x450.jpg 00T0T_EUonQRPg09_600x450.jpg 00T0T_hBOPrXpjr2S_600x450.jpg 00V0V_fNKYJiJSxvK_600x450.jpg 00202_4mP6QlTNOM1_600x450.jpg 01212_lGW6M3hCW7p_600x450.jpg 01313_jHWOIZHkDA4_600x450.jpg ome. I've been thinking about it for months since I got engaged, and finally decided that I could really use the money to go toward a wedding. The car is a daily driver, reliable on the freeway and anywhere else.

Please PM me with any questions, I'd be glad to answer.