Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1956 Pontiac Gasser 389 swap

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by wvenfield, Oct 29, 2014.

1. tofords

tofords

getPart-11.jpg getPart-12.jpg getPart-14.jpg 1959 389 Pont. and a 4 speed B&M hydro.

2. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

3. wvenfield

wvenfield

The garage the Pontiac is at has been busy. I don't like to go down and work when he is busy as then he doesn't get things done. LOL I am retiring next month and I'm trying to get a few things at home taken care of before then also. The back half of the wiring is done but wiring pics can be boring.

I'll be down there tomorrow.

loudbang, 31hotrodguy and Thor1 like this.
  4. If am correct that car was in a magazine, did it have the 2x4 set up on it? I live in Perry and tried to track that car down I was interested in buying it...
    I am in the process of building a 56 860 also.

5. Small world... I don’t live in Perry, but work there still. When I got the car, it only had a single four on it. And, yea, the guy I sold it to found the magazine article it was in. I knew it had been a race car, but it was in pretty sad shape when I got it. The owner had passed away and his son wanted rid of it. It had been sitting in a shed for years.

I might have a few Pontiac parts laying around still if there is anything you might need. Mostly what I have laying around still is engine stuff. I used to really be into Pontiac’s.

31hotrodguy, loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  6. That is awesome, I saved the article I will post it when I'm back on my PC. I would be interested in the motor stuff
    Cool story behind that car. I have the article I will post it next time I'm at my PC. My old farmer buddy knew the guy that had that car. For the day those cars were a pretty serious piece when massaged a little bit. I am interested in the parts you have, I will message you my phone number.

Thanks!

loudbang, Thor1 and guthriesmith like this.