Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1956 Ply Belvedere

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cruznjames, Apr 28, 2017.

1. cruznjames

cruznjames

Does any one know where I may find a new or good used front door locking mechanism and striker for the two front doors on my 1956 Ply. Belvedere four door hardtop. I believe the 1956 Dodge Royal Custom Lancer four door hardtop has the same mechanism. I believe the closing mechanism on my doors are won't out because doors don't close right after adjusting strikers. Plaza and Savoy parts don't fit. Also, who sells the very hard to find rubber moldings for doors, vent windows and side window seals. Steele Rubber has very limited items for this car. Attached are some pics. Thanks for your assistance with this matter. Please email me at [email protected]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Nice, and somewhat rare, old Mopar.

That door and lock pillar look ripe for a bear claw latch conversion......if you don't find good used or nos oem stuff.

Ray

3. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

4. cruznjames

cruznjames

Thank you for the lead. I also have another mopar project waiting it's turn on the sidelines. Its a 1955 Plymouth 2 door Plaza Wagon. Here's a picture.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    kmrumedy likes this.
  5. 120mm

120mm
    from Iowa

You can't get a bonded title?
    Swapping titles in Texas is bad ju-ju. I have some relatives who are TX peace officers and they frown on this practice with enthusiasm.

Hnstray likes this.
  6. kmrumedy

kmrumedy

Just love this wagon!!

54vicky likes this.