Register now to get rid of these ads!

1956 Mercury Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kage, May 18, 2011.

1. I have a 55 Merc and it's great to find others

2. I can try once I get home. I want to get this group up and going big. Kage im sorry, not trying to jack your thread by no means.

3. Kage sorry about high jacking your build thread. Keep up the good work man. I love your build!

4. Here's a pic of that '56 Merc that was at LoneStar Round Up
    Hope this works. Doing this from my phone.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. Here's another 56 from Austin

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. The black 56 is super clean

7. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

No worries about highjacking my thread...its for a good reason..lol

56_ford_custom..please post a link to your facebook group. Ill do a search for it to.

8. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Yesterday I cleaned up and painted the drive-shaft. Now i need to get new universal joints for it.

I also started hooking the brake lines back up.

I then welded up my panhard and made the mounting brackets for it and got it all welded up. I still need to make my shock mounts for the front and rear.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  9. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I seen this Merc last year at the round up..It is a very clean and sweet ride.

10. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

This one is real nice to...he just needs to add something to the rear...bumper, roll pan something. It would clean it up and look a little better...in my opinion.

11. The orange and cream one had some really nice pinstriping on the truck that I liked. You can barely see it here. I'll try to find the other pics too.

12. nope it didn't work for me :(

13. If I click on the link it goes straight to it.

14. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Here is the link for the "1952-1956 Ford/Merc/Lincoln" group on FB

http://www.facebook.com/groups/193973717381378/

15. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I didn't do a lot this weekend. I got my headlight buckets in. I got one disassembled, cleaned up, painted and reassembled. I still have to fix a hole in the 2nd one before i can clean it up and paint it.

I also started doing some of the finish sanding on the Merc as well. The deck lid and the drivers fender are ready to be re primer-ed. I still have a little more sanding on the roof to go.

Attached Files:

16. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I did get to hit up a small show this weekend. One of the best cars there was "My Blue Heaven"

Attached Files:

17. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I've not really done anything to "Bettie" this week. But I did just get a phone call from Alliance Torque Converters. My torque converter has been rebuilt and is ready to be shipped out. I am lucky I sent it to them when I did. It looks like I got the last Hub they had for my style of Torque converter. They told me they have had that hub for a while know and they are now no longer made. So here in the next week or so I will finally be able to drop my motor and trans back in the Merc.

18. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I am thinking about making a set of headers for the Mercury like the ones on the Trendero Ranchero.

What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

19. You dont like tge red's tube bluck hugger headers?

20. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I like red's header...and I'm thinking about getting a set. I'm just exploring my options and I really enjoy fabricating things. And the 1s on the Trendero just look sooo cool.

21. Yeah I hear ya. I have reds for my car.

22. I'm not so sure about those headers. But to each his own. But I dig the fabrication. I enjoy it to but haven't done it much.

23. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I have not got much done over the last few weeks. but I did get my Turque converter back from Alliance. I dropped the motor on to a new stand so I could bolt on the fly wheel, torque converter, bellhousing, and starter. I also bolted the intake all the way down and painted the bellhousing black.

I am leaving tonight to go to TN to pick up my Transmission. As soon as I get back from TN I will be bolting the trans to the motor and dropping them into the Merc.

Attached Files:

24. Nice, what trans are you going to run?

25. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

The orginal Merc-o-matic

26. That's what we've got. I'm not a fan of it. But seems like a lot of cash to upgrade.

27. sekter1

sekter1
    from FL

Awesome build thread Kage. The work you did looks real clean. I'm working on a 56 Monterey as of right now and want to run the original merc-o-matic with the air cooled converter. How much did Alliance charge for the torque converter rebuild?

28. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

$150 plus shipping. Shipping it to them and shipping it back...about 25 each way...so I have about 200 in the total rebuild