Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1956 Ford "Canned Monster" Gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lancer, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Lancer

Lancer

Thank you Zot, its going to be a fun build. We are trying to get it over to a local shop this weekend where we will start the suspension build. Now that we have the cut in done, they will know where to center the rear. We need a tire sponsor now =)

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Any updates on the tee shirts?

3. Lancer

Lancer

All the shirts shipped today, I am happy to say.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Lancer

Lancer

Got the car dropped off yesterday at Modesto Rod & Custom. They will be doing the ladder bars, installing the 8.75 Mopar rear. They will install our new front axle and set up the front suspension. Cage and tilt front end as well.

Attached Files:

5. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

Thank you for the cool shirts!!

6. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Got my t shirt yesterday. Thanks!

7. Lancer

Lancer

Last night I pulled the steering box and column out of the Monster. They will be hacking off all the front suspension soon. If anyone is looking for any suspension parts let me know. Steering wheel is in decent shape, thats up for grabs too. I'll grab a pick of it soon. The axle is supposed to be here thursday according to UPS tracking. Can't wait to see that in person.

Attached Files:

8. Lancer

Lancer

Hard to get a good pic right now but the axle arrived from CT last night. Bill Carlson of WAC Customs did an amazing job on it. Guys if you want an axle custom made, give him a call instead of buying that Speedway stuff made outside the US. http://waccustoms.com/ Support you local business men and women.

Attached Files:

9. yblocker

yblocker
    from Layton Ut

Lancer , that would be great lemme know about the one piece front end

10. Keep it up Lance, we'll have an engine for you soon. ;)

11. Lancer

Lancer

yblocker, here you go. http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/ He sent me a list of prices and parts by email. The one piece front end with splash pan was $1595. That email was from Jan of 2013. His name is Rob 905-857-6345

12. powrshftr

powrshftr

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do NOT do it...!!!!!

Do a quick Internet search of this guy before you send any cash.....90% of the people who send him money get nothing but grief in return.

Just wanted to give you a heads up so a fellow HAMBer doesn't get burned by this guy like so many others have.

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. Lancer

Lancer

I've never dealt with the guy at all so if he's got a bad rep, be very careful.

14. Lancer

Lancer

Been busy, did some sanding on the "Canned Monster" last night, going to be a busy weekend doing more of that.

In the last two days I've had two companies contact me interested in sponsoring the Monster. Working out those details now and hope to officially announce them soon. One for the springs, the other for tires so I'm really excited about that.

15. Lancer

Lancer

First pic on the paint stripping process.

Attached Files:

16. Lancer

Lancer

Some very good progress sanding today on the Monster. Pass door and quarter are done and about half the trunk. Discovered some good rust holes in the rocker area. Some nice body shop in the past had filled them with Bondo. But, I'm still thrilled with the progress. I've been waiting a couple of years to start this part of the project.

Attached Files:

17. Lancer

Lancer

More sanding progress today.
    Sanding6.jpg Sanding5.jpg Sanding4.jpg

18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Looks to be in pretty good shape overall.

19. Lancer

Lancer

Yes, pretty solid car to start with, which is a nice bonus. Nothing major to report on right now. Life is a little busy right now with three birthdays, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, and my anniversary. I'll get back on it soon. Looking at parts and talking to a few companies about sponsorships. Hopefully I can make some announcements soon.

Modesto Rod & Custom just had there grand opening BBQ on saturday. They will be starting the frame build very soon, they are almost done with the frame table they are building. See picture attached. 10365938_257659664422001_6283690189769081237_n.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  20. Lancer

Lancer

Needing to order the front leaf springs this week. Looking for a company who makes them in the states. So far I've looked at Eaton Detroit Spring Co. and Thompson's Garage. Any other out there? Is there an Alliance Vendor who carry's them???

21. Lancer

Lancer

Just talked with Eaton Detroit Spring Co. and they will be sponsoring us our front leaf springs for the Monster. Really stoked about that. Pics to come soon.

22. Lancer

Lancer

These are the wheels we'll be using for the monster. Tires should be here tomorrow for it. Can't wait to see them mounted up. American Rebel Wheels sponsored us these.

[​IMG]

23. gonmad

gonmad

SwEeT!!

Posted from the throne room using the Wicked kustom H.A.M.B. App!

24. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

With the rear axle relocated, it appears you're going for an altered look, rather than a gasser?

25. Lancer

Lancer

26. biscaynes

biscaynes

yep, DO NOT send this lowlife money.

27. Lancer

Lancer

Front tires are mounted up.

[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  28. Those wheels are going to look great!

29. Lancer

Lancer

Disc brake kit has arrived. The front springs on on the way from Eaton Detroit Spring. Disc kit came from Speedway. I'm using original '51 Chevy spindles on the axle so I am having to have some machine work done in order for the bearings to fit properly. A local shop is working on them now. Once the spacer is welded in place I can assemble the brakes on the axle and then install the new wheels and tires. Can't wait to see it all together. Modesto Rod & Custom I'm hoping will start on cutting off the frame rails next week. I'm out of town next week heading up to Boise Idaho, anyone here from the Boise area?

30. Lancer

Lancer

Front leaf springs have arrived from Eaton Detroit Spring. Excellent company to deal with and made in the USA which is very important to me and a focus of this build. Spindles are at the machine shop getting turned down to fit the roller bearings. Hope to get pics of those soon.

10524343_10150419259114946_2517401165082297972_n.jpg