Register now to get rid of these ads!

1956 Cad hub cap install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfardyfode, May 24, 2008.

1. oldfardyfode

oldfardyfode

What kind of rims will the caps go on...??? I was looking at a picture of the back of a 56 Cad cap and it looked to be very deep and heavy....So besides 56 cad Rims what other easier to find rims can be used ??? Do they have to have a raised "catch" all around the outside to help them stay on because of the weight?....My bolt pattern is 4/3/4"....Thanks, CJ.

2. Tony

Tony

Would later model GM rim's work? a little deeper than the old style so maybe they would clear the dish of the caps? Most are the same bolt pattern as well..

Tony

3. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

If i remember correctly those paticular Caddy caps will only the fit Caddy rims. One of the reasons why nobodyreally rocks them on anything else--cause it dont work!!

I got some if you need them..

4. sk8ncruz

sk8ncruz
    from pratt, ks

i"ve got a set that I've never used, but I talked to a guy who
    put them on his car, he had just bought a cheap set of old white
    spoke wheels and they worked
    chevy 8" ralley wheels also work

5. Chevydeuce

Chevydeuce

I treyd mine on a set of 8" Rally rims and they DIDN´T work.
    Think you have to cut and modify the caps to use them on other rims.

6. Kustm52

Kustm52

Tried the 8" rallys as well, didn't work. Another 1/2 inch and it would have.. story of my life, coming up too short...

Brian

7. flatoz

flatoz

I have heard that they will only work on the right caddy rims. hence why they are so cheap compared to 57 caps.

8. Find a cap that works on your rim. Cut all but the mounting flange area. Go to your paint supplier buy some 3M 8115 Panel adhesive. Cut off the mounting teeth of the Caddy cap rough the mating surfaces with some 80 grit. Use the panel adhesive to mate the 2 together. Let it sit for a day and you can now run your Caddy caps. Your paint supplier should be able to hook you up with a gun touse for the job.