Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1956 buick roadmaster sedan( new project closer to the road)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53catalina400, Apr 17, 2013.

1. 53catalina400

53catalina400
    from Mebane,NC

I just traded a pepsi drink machine and a lance snake machine for a great 56 buick roadmaster moredoor all power options;)and a/c :eek: everything works but the booster and master cylinder and there is no a/c compressor(anyone got one or know what migt fit in place of an a5 maybe an a6 i do have a few york type compressors) guess someone needed it more than the pre owner i will post pics tomorrow

looking for any info on rebuilding the booster and master cylinder looks like i may be missing a piece or two from inside the master cylinder ( it is the delco unit not bendix)

i also need all 3 pieces of hood ornament

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  2. 53catalina400

53catalina400
    from Mebane,NC

here some pics let me know what you think

Attached Files:

3. RebelRiot

RebelRiot

That's a pretty neat looking set of wheels, definitely has the 50's futuristic space type of aesthetic.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. 53catalina400

53catalina400
    from Mebane,NC

any ideas on new brake booster m/c setup and location on my buick
    i would like to use the stock location under the column but it is tight and angled

5. 53catalina400

53catalina400
    from Mebane,NC

i opened the trunk and the compressor and lines were in there with some new a/c oil filters, the trim missing on back door and the washer can

6. snowman

snowman

I own a '56 Roadmaster and I'm upgrading my booster/master based upon rebuild price and direction of build. White post is a popular source for rebuilding but whatever source you choose, please don't attempt to rebuild a single pot master/booster on this boat if you can afford it. Most times, stopping is more valuable than moving so don't skimp on your braking components.

If you need stock parts, PM me and we'll figure it out.

7. 53catalina400

53catalina400
    from Mebane,NC

Thanks for info and help. I am planning on upgrading the master cylinder and booster but i would like to keep it drums. I would also like to put it in stock location, maybe a remote reservoir cylinder. I removed what i believe is the fresh air duck above the steering column was thinking of moving it there but i dont think thats gonna work or look very good?

Attached Files: