Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1955 Mainline seats.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Domino, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Domino

Domino

I am looking for some simple buckets for my 55. Not bombers or anything high back. Early Mustang seats are all wrong. I like the early Courier seats, but those never pop up. What is a good, simple seat to put in a hot rod build? Not fancy, but pretty decent.

2. Domino

Domino

Something like these.

Attached Files:

3. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

I think early Falcon buckets would fit nice. Score one of those small consoles from a Falcon for it to complete the look.

4. Domino

Domino

I looked Falcon seats up. They would be just about perfect. Going for a no frills hotrod. I considered low back van seats like the super stock cars, but all of those seem to have been crushed around here.

5. Old T-Bird buckets are real nice, but nobody is giving away decent ones. It may pay to buy some ratty ones and have them reupholstered.

lemondana and mcsfabrication like this.
  6. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

HHR buckets with the headrests removed have a vintage look.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Squablow

Squablow

1960's era Mercedes cars had a nice looking square bucket seat with some fairly appealing looking chrome hardware, they came in even the 4 door sedans and are period correct and surprisingly not that wide.

Early 60's Rambler Classic/Ambassador/Six models had some very square front seats that look more like a split bench than a bucket but again, they came even in the 4 doors and those have the recline-flat feature too which would be a neat addition to a custom car.

lemondana likes this.
  8. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I put a set of Corvair bucket seats in my 1955 Fairlane, back in 1967.Worked real good!

Bones

bobss396 likes this.
  9. Domino

Domino

The problem I am running into is high prices for junk frames that need covered and upholstery work is ridiculous. I had a set of early Econoline seats, but those seem to have been reclaimed by the universe. This is a bare bones hotrod.

10. Domino

Domino

I looked at a couple of MGs today. Those seats would be perfect. An option I had not considered was step van seats. There is a local yard that has several and they use them for storage. I could scavenge them pretty easily since I would be effectively giving them more storage space.

lothiandon1940 likes this.