Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 Ford Customline 2 door sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead41ford, Jan 22, 2013.

1. chutton01

chutton01
    from Georgia

I know this is a old post but what all did you have to do to the wiring harness to get it to work? I'm thinking of a 4.6 transplant cause well crown vics are so damn cheap.

Sent from my VS995 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. flathead41ford

flathead41ford
    from Mentor OH

My donor harness was out of a 95 Mark VIII, so it was pre-OBD2. There was no antitheft to disable. Pretty much 4 hots and 4 grounds to make it work. I deleted the IRCM and wired my own relays for the fuel pump, fan and PCM. I also used the un-used fuses in my Rebel harness to fuse the PCM.

3. Gman0046

Gman0046

Love those 55 Customlines provided you keep it stock bodied with all the chrome and stainless and paint it black.

4. luke(daddy-o)

luke(daddy-o)
    from maine

hey there i know this is an older post but i am using a 4.6 out of a 1995 grand marquis with the engine/trans harness and computer. i need to know what i can remove to run the harness bare bones for a model t build? does it have pats system? is it just a simple put power to it and it should run? thanks for any input