Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 fairlane redo

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 55newbie, Jan 21, 2018.

1. I've inherited my dad's 55 Fairlane with a 292 y block and 3 on the tree. I want to make it more of a Custom than a traditional restoration. When my dad bought it many years ago it had been converted to 12v and Vintage Air. I'd like to make it unique with some upgrades to the stance, wheels, interior ect. I just don't want it to be like everyone else's. I've found posts here about using Aerostar springs up front and blocks in the rear and just picked those up from the parts store. I have a 302 and c4 and thinking about putting those in eventually. Any suggestions or expertise on parts ect would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If you get rid of the 272 and 3 speed let me know,my 55 is going to get a Y block again and I have been thinking of a manual trans. That is if you are not a million miles from me.

3. JC56

JC56

Hi i've got a 56 victoria and want to drop a 429 in it. All the info I read from every one is great, learn something every day Thanks JC.​

4. Look at the serial number on your '55. The third character in the serial number is a letter that indicates the assembly plant. An A would indicate the Atlanta assembly plant at Hapeville GA. If you have an Atlanta car, my father leaded the seams on it.

5. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

My suggestion is to keep the Y block.
    I recently went through wanting to scrap the 292 in my pickup, but after learning about this engine and running it hard (real hard) I am sold.
    Here is the 292 we just freshened up in my buddy's 55.[​IMG]

Sent from my LGLS992 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app