Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 Chevy Truck Project -- PHOTOSGALORE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DRUGASM, Jun 18, 2009.

1. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

As official thread-er for the club here it goes.

The Satans Chauffeurs have a new project. Vince won this truck after a hot hand in a back alley dice game. Big plans, big plans. Keep reading.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its a 1955 Chevrolet 3100 pickup truck. At some point it received a camaro front clip, firebird disc brake rear end, and a severe lowering. Its sitting at what we hope will be final ride height.

The sheetmetal is in amazing shape. Little blemishes on the headlight eyebrows but zero rot in the cab corners and fenders. Body work should be a breeze.

[​IMG]

Something about the truck just screams 80's to us. Its gonna need some serious attitude adjustment if its gonna be a keeper.

The game plan at this point :
    1. Wide whites on either a chrome reverse or painted steel wheel
    2. Air ride for a smoother ride and rocker laying stance
    3. Healthy small block with an auto trans
    4. Mild shave/nose
    5. Bright yellowchrome paint

And get this,.....all done by MIDNIGHT MASS!

[​IMG]

Here it is....the list. The rectangles are the weeks we have left and the goals/tasks we need to have completed. Its actually not a stretch when its laid out like this.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  2. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

The truck got pushed into the shop and we started hitting it. The front clip came off so we could see what it was we were working with. Vince on the left, Benny on the right. (Mid-cal193 and SapienKustom).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whoever did the front clip did a really good job. Its all square and painted pretty well.
    [​IMG]

This booster will be replaced (we think). An under floor unit will clean up the firewall and keep it more traditional.
    [​IMG]

We already got a strong runner waiting to get dropped in....need to fab some mounts for the frame and we are in business. The engine will get re-gasketed and painted before it goes it. The frame and suspension will stay gloss black.

[​IMG]

3. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

White walls on....lookin better already!

[​IMG]

Little inner fender trimming is needed but thats hot rodding.

[​IMG]

G78s[​IMG]

4. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

The interior on this truck is gonna get some love too. As of now the plan is to metal flake the top part of the dash and gloss white the bottom. White tuck n roll and a tall shifter. That wheel and column have gotta go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Ok -- start the hate mail now but remember this is just a vision. This was Vinces first all out build from about 10 years ago now. Body dropped, bagged, and beautiful. It got some magazine coverage and had sponsors knocking his door down.

The idea with the 55 is to make it look very similar. Same color, similar stance, better tires and wheels. That truck was just practice. This one will be the test.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ideally, the 55 will look like the older, wiser, and slightly more conservative brother.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  6. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

[​IMG]

So what do you HAMBers think? 5 weeks till the show...all we gotta do is everything.

Post your comments,...good, bad, and otherwise. Thanks for looking.

7. skunx1964

skunx1964

besides the airbags, i like it :)

8. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

i love the www, keep up the progress and keep posting

9. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Damn, you guys are really knocking it out. Looks like a cool project and air bags are a must sitting that low. Hope you get it all done in time for the show, can't wait to see it.

tell vince those are not approved safety shoes for the shop. :D

10. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Love the stance and whites/chrome steelies, can't wait to see it complete! Awesome!

11. Racrdad

Racrdad

Looks like a real nice project and sounds like a good game plan.

12. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

The truck is in really good shape. We are going to start tear down today and try to get all the suspension knocked out by this weekend. Its going to be close because we have a couple other projects we are working on right now, but it should all come together. We'll take plenty of pics to keep you guys updated.

13. Joes50

Joes50

I look forward to the updates. How about including a little about any problems you run into. Nice cab if their is no rust. I purchased a 55 big back window and needed to replace the inner and outer cab corners along with the rockers/step area. Keep those updates coming. I'm working on a 57 2-dr post that my nephew is going to drive to that same event :) Maybe he'll let me tag along...LOL

14. c10addict

c10addict

Subscribed... Cool ride.. Love me some trucks..

15. PoPo

PoPo

I freakin love those trucks. I hope you use the 55 grill, not the 57.

I hate yellow but I totally understand making this truck the father of his first truck!

I really hope it can happen in 5 weeks. I would love to have that much time to work on something.

16. lol good luck lol

17. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

I don't know, I kinda like the look with the Supreme's...

18. retromotors

retromotors

Yeah ... me too.

Guess I'm just a redneck, but I've never thought whitewalls looked right on a truck.

19. :rolleyes:come on guys get with the trend Cali puts WWW on everything!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  20. 61TBird

61TBird

Good Luck on getting it done by 'Mass!! Hope to see it there.
    I'm not a fan of the Yellow.
    (Apologies to any HAMBers with Yellow cars,I'm just not a fan,Sorry)

How's this for a color?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I found that truck on CL and really like the Light (Baby) Blue and White combo.

Anyway...here's apic to add to your albums:D...

[​IMG]

21. MissPrint

MissPrint

Subscribed and subscribed. . .

5 weeks? Man, y'all are on a tear. . .hell, the only thing I've done on my car lately is fill the gas tank (and the tranny fluid. . .and the oil :rolleyes:) ;)

Cannot wait to see the final incarnation. . .and the work along the way! :D

22. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

cool fellas...thanks for all the input.

few things....yeah i agree about the yellow. not my number 1 but for some reason when you are this cool you can pull it off.
    [​IMG]

Just kiddin Vince.

Wide whites on a truck? Not too concerned about it. This old girl has worked hard enough doin truck stuff over the last 55 years. She deserves a break....time to get pretty and lay low.

And levi....thanks for the good luck. You wished me good luck on the last motor swap before Santa Maria and it came out well. Its becoming tradition.

Keep 'em comin guys.

23. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Hey, sweet. Thats me and Benny at RZ BBQ. Thanks David.

24. Congrats to you guys I love the fact the you all work together on projects and each others cars as well, I think the yellow will be great, I always think hot rods should shout "hey look at me" I'm not crazy about the WWW or tail dragging pick ups, I am more into late '50s and '60s looks, when ww were for old mens cars. funny thing about fads or stlyes seems like I am always just ahead or just behind. will we see it at Sonic next month?

25. I love em low, but I am not a fan of the bags. Don't have an issue with yellow but in my opinion I would use one that is not as bright. Just my opinion. As you can see from my avatar, I dig the WW and red wheels. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Later,
    Dick

26. SquigMachine

SquigMachine

thats going to come out a sweet ass truck! not a huge fan of bags myself but if your that low the suspension probably doesnt ride all to well so you gotta do what you gotta do right?

27. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Whats wrong with white walls????im not running bags and havent ever,but i know im askin for it if i ever have a flat.changes.......nice ride hope to see it at mass.good luck guys!!!!!!hey im running 5.60 on the front to get away from fender work,in past experience the fenders still had issues even with 5x6 on the front.

28. GeBO49

GeBO49

is there going to be an all nighter tonight, if so I'm enrt. I need to get vinces fuel pump anyway

29. low49

low49
    from 209and408

looks good i need to stop by and check out the shop soon

30. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Hey guys sorry i coulden't make it over last night. I guess Im dealing with some personal BS but I'm trying to get my head on straight are we at the shop tonight guys? I'd love to come over and get something done. Think of it as automotive therepy!