Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 chevy survivor "barnfind" Gasser project" update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassertruck, Nov 21, 2009.

1. gassertruck

gassertruck
    BANNED
    from az

it is the angle of the pic it is centered with 31" tall tire

2. gassertruck

gassertruck
    BANNED
    from az

3. gassertruck

gassertruck
    BANNED
    from az

"the late sixties through early seventies" i'm shure in this time period more had 4-speeds during the "muscle car sceen" i know one thing for shure 4- speeds have a HP rating that made me never run one

4. gassertruck

gassertruck
    BANNED
    from az

oh and this car will be getting a 327 and four speed i will post more pics later i got to go cut it up :D
    (Must cut something......Must cut something)

5. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Damn NICE indeed!

Nick.

6. Ruiner

Ruiner

Why are you worried about "today's tires and horsepower" when you're building a fake barn find? Or was your "barn find" stashed away in the 80's? Seriously man, make up your mind, we take this stuff VERY seriously, and you just can't have it both ways...so either drop the fake barn find survivor gasser crap and own up to it being a modern version of a gasser, or do it right with traditional parts and power...

7. gassertruck

gassertruck
    BANNED
    from az

you can never have enough power and if the parts cant handle it get better ones
    the best thing about building a fake burn find is building with your OWN two hands and not finding a car already built for you to take pride in someone else's work

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
    VANDENPLAS likes this.
  8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

be sure to check out current thread: Gasser On Maui.....but it's just another '55

9. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey GASSER...well he has the right man on the job. yea we ran a 456 gear, and would you believe on the street too! and you don't have to worry about those old cad,pont,olds. rear ends. their outstanding! please post more pics. with progress, unless you have some sort of military secret! HA!...POP.

10. Ruiner

Ruiner

It still sounds more like a 90's pro street car than a true period correct "barn find" gasser, but whatever...I just feel sorry for the people who don't know any better that you try to convince that it's anywhere close to period correct for a gasser...

11. gassertruck

gassertruck
    BANNED
    from az

life is too short to take seriously that is why we build hot rods

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  12. gassertruck

gassertruck
    BANNED
    from az

now that is just a personal attack

13. Ruiner

Ruiner

No, it's the truth...you're not doing the history of racing or the gasser era any service by recreating something from that era, and trying to pass it off as a barn find (ie:period correct) and using incorrect parts...call it a gasser, fine, but don't try and pass it off as period correct...an Olds/Pontiac rearend at full width with radiused wheelwells is one way to be period correct, but shoving a narrowed and braced 9" under it is not...it's still a bitchin car, it's just never going to resemble a barn find/era correct car without going all the way...

14. gassertruck

gassertruck
    BANNED
    from az

15. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

nice car, radius the quarters though, its just asking for it

16. gassertruck

gassertruck
    BANNED
    from az

started working today

Attached Files:

17. gassertruck

gassertruck
    BANNED
    from az

not bad for a few hours of work:D

Attached Files:

18. drofdar

drofdar
    from Fresno Ca

Is the car going to be raced? If so, don't worry about how original the rust is, because it will not pass tech in "original Gasser state". When the tech guy looks under the car and sees a 9", half the battle is done. Shield's, harness, brakes, all have to be up to regs, and in date. I say, "Keep the "Tuck'nRoll" though... now, that's original!!!

19. C/Gas55

C/Gas55

"When the tech guy looks under the car and sees a 9", half the battle is done."

What does that have to do with passing tech?????
    Last time I checked, my Olds rear went together just like a 9". And has larger axles too.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  20. freebird101

freebird101

that is one nice gasser

21. Radius, radius, radius...........

22. gassertruck

gassertruck
    BANNED
    from az

he is not going to radius the car already asked him he is not going to do it

23. Another thing I wanted to address. How is this a " BARN FIND GASSER " when your building it in front of us? And what constitutes this as a Gasser with those '80's Rodlite wheels and that 9" rear and no radius of the 1/4's? Help me out here guys, I'm getting a headache already. The axle is coming out nice but that's all I see that says Gasser CREATION to me. My Gasser got wrecked and it's only original once so I'm going to recreate it in the image that I think that it should have beed in the first place.

24. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gassers Rule..............

25. That's going to be kinda half done then. If you cut the frame for an axle ( which I highly recommend ) then you should finish the job and radius the 1/4's.

26. gassertruck

gassertruck
    BANNED
    from az

yep its a fake gasser get over it at least some of us still build cars and not buy one done already old real car or not a real barn find you did not build a new one has to be built

27. gassertruck

gassertruck
    BANNED
    from az

so how many people are in charge of how everyone should build their cars? just checking?

28. oh I'm over it, can't see it from my house.

29. You asked for it when you posted it here. Opinions are like assholes and everyone has one. And some just plain stink. Here your going to get them all.

30. gassertruck

gassertruck
    BANNED
    from az

yea i think i have noticed thanks and my opinion is all this wasted time talking crap on the net by some people and they too could build something