Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Chevy new project!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kurts49plym, Mar 30, 2008.

1. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

Thought I would share with you guys the new 55 I got from CA. After stressing out about the delivery, it's now safe in my Northern IL garage! The car is body only, and has been sitting under a tin roof in CA since the late 60s (can you believe it?). The person I bought it from said the only way to see the car on the ranch was by 4x4 or from the air hense not being moved for so long (or purchased). When the man passed, the wife sold the car to the fellow I bought it from. Upon further inspection, this used to be someones drag car. Attached are pics of a home made? scattershield that was welded between the frame:confused:. Also, the frame in front was strengthened for a tow bar for taking it to the strip. Gauges in the speedo area and ladder bar brackets! If only this car could tell a story. Car is missing a chrome headliner bow, and a couple vent window pieces. Otherwise, it's going to be one cool hot rod in the future! Thanks-Kurt

Attached Files:

2. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

What are your plans?

3. Nitro Crewchief

Nitro Crewchief
    from Illinois

Very nice find. Who did the shipping for you? I am looking at a car in California too and will need to have it shipped to Illinois. How much was shipping if you don't mind me asking?

4. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

I have another spare frame that I'm going to use for a dropped straight axle similar to another Hamber, Baron:). I had a hardtop like this in the 70s and I'm going to clone this one to be just like it. Attached is a pic of one I really like:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

5. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

I went to Yesterdays Tractors hauling schedule website to find a young man from IA to haul it. He was going out that way to bring back a pickup and he had extra room on his trailer. I gave him $1040 to get it from Sacramento, CA to Des moines, IA. Other big name huge companies said $950 door to door, but there's a lot of fine print about "driver not responsible" for cars with no brakes, etc. If you go to Yesterdays tractors "can haul" schedule, you will find Ryan's email listed. I don't think he is going back for a while, but there are other good guys just looking for a backhaul to help with gas expense. Good luck!

6. BOHICA

BOHICA

:eek: Ouch!

7. slammed

slammed

Nice hardtop! Black CA tag too.

8. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Cool. My car had almost identical ladder bar brackets welded on the frame also.

9. Obviously you haven't priced hauling recently, thats not a bad price.

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Cool car. My favorite of the tri-fives. Keep us posted on your build.

Frank

11. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

nice looking 55. not a bad hauling price. last car I had hauled from LA to Indy about 5yrs ago was a grand then

12. 2-TONED

2-TONED

NICE a hardtop & 'rust free' besides.
    :cool: