Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1955 Chevy Gassers Owners Wanted? Post them Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay Tyrrell, Dec 14, 2007.

1. PS. Anyone got a set of 15x10 or 15x12 Cragers for sale, not the new chinese crap, but a set BC's (before china)PM myself or my brother please his HAMB name is 55Belairx2

2. Clean and simple. Nicely done!!

3. Here is another of my brothers, others IMAG0702.jpg

4. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

In Dallas

Attached Files:

5. Hey jerry, that car is bitchin'.

6. Isn't it a blast driving these things around on the street and blowing people minds. I had ours out last weekend, ran to the bank, and then the autoparts store. On the way home I got next to a late model Corvette, the guys lady was smiling and pointing, and he didn't want any part of me, wouldn't even look over. The last signal we were together, I rolled out in first with him, then stabbed it and speed shifted into second. When they caught back up, she had the window down with a thumbs up.., and he still wouldn't look over.:D

7. wallauer55

wallauer55
    from cal

<TABLE class=fieldset cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>[​IMG] 100_0868.jpg (337.3 KB</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    mine is a 4x4 gasser / streey freak monster truck :):):)

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  8. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Looks like this thread is back on track finally! Nice car wallauer55 and Jerry Mc
    J

9. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I know what you mean! Usually after I do something like that the people are all hanging out of the window at the next light looking at the car and wondering what the hell just happended! lololol
    J

10. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Doesn't get much better (unless its a Porsche,BMW, etc). It is even more fun while waiting at a light, hit the line loc, and smoke the back tires up for a little extra traction. :)

11. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

I got a line lock on the way :D
    Heehh This shits alotta fun. Pissin people off, jamin gears. Kids love um too!

12. Go easy on your self Kevin, its when the rocker panel is at the top of the rear tire that I start getting that sick to my stomach feeling.

13. wallauer55

wallauer55
    from cal

thanks i was getting woried ... it funny every time i go out with this thing i get the same thing . you have the kids they ask whay is it so high .???? is it a 4x4. then older guys that say i had one just like it ,, this might be it..... then u have the true old school guy that knows it all"MR GASSER" its nice but back in the day we didnt crome it ... or the water neck is wrong or some little crap like that ... i love it .this car is the same as it was in 1975 ..

14. Dig that silver and black.

15. Love it!!

16. c57heaven

c57heaven

Nice car.
    :eek:Who hung the Chevy sign upside down on the fence?
    Too many cold ones during the hanging?

17. trksmth

trksmth

Great eye! I looked right at it and thought that's just like mine, But mines not upside down.

18. 46stude

46stude

Its always best to have the 1/4s radiused, just in case a tire wants to come loose & vacate its intended area. Less sheetmetal carnage that way.

19. Sonicjagstang

Sonicjagstang
    from IL.

This was my project for years. I had many period correct parts for it including an entire front clip with straight axle discarded from a 55 Gasser that had been "modernized". I had the SST's on it as rollers but included a pair of "15x"10 200s with it. The car was extremely rough but it was all I had to work with. Health and finances forced me to part with it so hopefully the new owner finished it to his liking and is enjoying it.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  20. John T.

John T.

You hit it on the head, 422 just West of Parkman. He sold the car back in 1991, I found the car about 5 years ago but fell short on the cash to buy it. I guess the car ended up going out of state... other than some dated aqua & pink pinstripping the car was the same.

Yup, that was a small me in the passenger seat.

21. I buy the ones that say Chevrolet on it, just so such an occurrence doesn't happen. :D

22. Nice mix of the AG and Two Lane cars!!

As many of them I see, I still LOVE Falfa's 55. I always though he was way cooler than Milner, because he always had the hot chicks with him. :D

23. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Panneton Bros, Glad you like the album! It is somewhat ironic how much I dig these cars with some altitude and then I build the car I have owned for nearly 30 years as slammed on the ground.

24. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Never seen the pic of the first one...BITCHIN'!!!

25. I think you need another one:D

26. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Nice car!

27. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Yea!!!!

28. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Going through pictures lastnight, I found this picture of me(on the right in the Strokers shirt) and Blown Hell taken at Sonoma back in April, 1995. Car was for sale in the swap meet area for $3700.00 or best offer ! Had it been local(back east),I'd have bought it in a heartbeat.
    [​IMG]

29. Chevy53

Chevy53

Here is my 55, got it on the wheels again this weekend after a year on stands.
    I am going to put taller tires in the back and raise it a little also.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  30. red grees

red grees
    from bridger mt

ONE WAY,I helped HANS CAUSEVIC WITH BUILDING THIS WAGON IN ABOUT 1970 AT HIS SHOP ON E140TH . IT STILL HAD ASTEEL FRONT END ON IT THEN.GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT IT WAS RUST FREE BACK THEN .