Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1955 Chevy Gassers Owners Wanted? Post them Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay Tyrrell, Dec 14, 2007.

1. wally95

wally95
    from Boone Iowa

This car had the doors off of the Two Lane Blacktop camera car that are now back on the two lane Blacktop camera car.

2. I like em both, and lean toward the radiused versions. I just thinks its bogus to say a car isn't or wasn't a gasser if it didn't have radiused wheel wells.

3. Your missing the point with the tubbed cars. And my car had 8in. wheels and tires. I never said that a car was NOT a Gasser without radiused wheeelwells. I just said that it was like half done. If you don't want to radius then don't. What do I care?
    And Panneton, you know what I mean.

4. Larry T

Larry T

Hey folks, hope you didn't take anything I posted real seriously. I didn't.

And I like radiused wheel wells as much as anyone. I guess I just see irony where others don't. Kinda like preserving the quarters on my car when everything else is cut all to pieces or street cars with radiused wheel wells are Gassers and race cars with stock wheel wells aren't.

Just build 'em like you want and don't worry about the other folks.
    Larry T

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  5. I like both, and I really like the street freak lifted rear, un-radiused, with a fat tire under it.

6. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Seghi, step away from the keyboard for a while....

7. I respect you, but I'm not into the "monster trucks":)

8. Well I kinda agree with Panneton.

9. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

All in good fun guys... Love tri fives!

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  10. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

And more...

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  11. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

and even more! And yeah, a few were 4x4, but I still dig em!

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  12. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

And a special set to try and keep everything cool around here...

Tongue in cheek guys. And I guess I have really screwed up this "1955" thread with my non-55 pics. Sorry about that!

CARRY ON!!!!!

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  13. uwonamos

uwonamos
    from Omaha, Ne

[​IMG]
    :eek:RUINED:eek: and they were Perfect
    [​IMG]

14. c57heaven

c57heaven

John: recognized that road the motorcycle was in the video. Headed toward 528...speed limit is 45...loved the 55. Does he still have it?

15. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Hey!
    Tittle says owners...
    Mine ain't ready yet, But i wanna play!

Here she is
    the quarters were cut when i got it (very quick and dirty) so i cleaned um up and put a tube in for a lip.
    had a 283 in it when i got it, flat black, worn out big time, you could tell what it was in its hey-day.

So im puttin her back together with a 454ci an some more GO! :D
    I like er' its mine

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  16. That was my whole point Mutt. Glad you agree.

17. Hey Johnny, like your car. I think that it should be covered in dark blue lace over silver.

18. Get on with your bad ole self.

19. Hey Redline, I don't believe ever told you, but thanks for your Tri-5 album. I frequent it often .

20. Seghi, dude, your not into " monster trucks" and you like dark blue & silver on Tri-5's.., I've judged you too harshly, your not so bad after all. I nearly pissed myself laughing when you said " Panneton you know what I mean". You cracked me up man.

21. P, Dude. What up.

22. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

They look good either way. This guy got talked into doing the radius, and left these same tires/wheels. I thought it was stupid to cut the wells without having the tire stick out. The reason back then to cut, was to allow room for more tire. To have cut this car, and NOT added tire was a mistake. You don't cut, just for the sake of cutting. (Love the stainless on the 1/4 panel)

[​IMG]

23. 55chevr

55chevr

55 Chevy wheel well openings are low and you can't get an old time square edge pie cut slick in over the brake drum.

24. I can understand that, not everything is for everybody, but it's the understanding and recognition of that, that is important. Mutual respect!! Personally, my favorite stance it what's on my 55, low slung, with a nice rake.

redlinetoys has a few good examples of the street freak look I'm talking about.

25. I got ya, this is one of my brothers 55's CIMG2156.JPG

CIMG2146.JPG

26. I LOVE the cut stainless!! I also greatly prefer to see the wheel wells flared out a bit like he has done.

27. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

That black car in post #715 is tits.

I'm gonna split my side spears as well, I really like to look if it.

I agree with cutting the quarters for tire clearance, not only looks. For me it's a functional thing.
    No way mine would fit @ 12. in wide tread.
    The crome smoothies which came off were WAY more offset, and stuck out there a good ways, Altho the tires were streched to fit the 10in wide rim.
    If your REALLY going fast (See: Gassers *Verb-Hauling ass) , and not just a show "gasserseque" car. than you need all the tire you could afford. kinda goes hand in hand.

Ya know, Im flat broke now, so its a moot point... But the idea of blue and silver has always been rolling around in my head. and metal flake....MMmmmm metal flakes
    anyone whos seem the So-cal 57' knows what i mean :eek: Beautiful

28. biscaynes

biscaynes

yup, nicely done with the trim and rolled edge :cool:

29. the guy next to the green 55 is a good family friend of ours...
    good ole' eddie martin from

ALAMOGORDO, NEW MEXICO!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>http://www.southwestdrags.com/nostpics.htm</o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> chmhmgm.jpg </o:p>

30. The paint, body, and trim fitting were all done by the Muro Bros. and the rest of the gang at Hot Rod Ranch. Future plans are a pissed off 555 incher and Jerico. In the car's past, it had a 582/Jerico and ran 9.80's, its all steel with full interior. 1007111836.jpg

Deuces likes this.