Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1955 Chevy Gassers Owners Wanted? Post them Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay Tyrrell, Dec 14, 2007.

1. OH GOD! Please tell me your NOT going to be running this hood scoop.

2. PSB

PSB

I Mods. If i did something wrong tell me. I tried to get back and it said my subscription was pulled?

3. Root66

Root66
    from Norcal

My '55 that I ran from '68-'73, Mopar powered.

Attached Files:

4. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

BAD ASS!!! What front suspension did you use??

5. Root66

Root66
    from Norcal

Bell straight axle with a buggy spring.

6. drofdar

drofdar
    from Fresno Ca

Here's mine. Traded a project Model A for it. She already had a Chevy Van axle grafted on, so I completed it old style. However, go ahead and flame me, it's built modern cause I race it. It's a 454 (not available in the 60's) but it does have worked 396 heads. Roller hydraulic? Sorry about that. Built Ford 9 with spool. Aluminum glide with trans-brake. Cal-Tracks with mono leaf rear springs because they really work well. Hooks great. Paint? I took my leftover primer back to the paint shop and asked them to tint it as dark as they could. That's what I got. I painted it in my driveway, and it tiger striped so bad I got out the hose and sandpaper. Then to even it out, I sprayed tire black all over it and it wears like iron. Even beads up!! I know the stickers are modern, but fair warning to anyone who lines up next to me.
    As for the rear radius, I decided to go with a slight teardrop cut. I wanted something different than the half-circle look. Since my association requires some protection on the wheel wells if not beaded, I simply applied some door edging - available at Pep Boys. Well, it passes tech!! All steel, runs high tens, launches straight, stops great. Disc front brakes... priceless.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  7. drofdar, I like your ride! Bet its a hoot to race too.:cool:

8. drofdar

drofdar
    from Fresno Ca

Thanks, lots of fun, and not too fast for a rookie. In the future, I'll detune it some, trade the spool for a diff, and remove the extra caster shims from the front axle. Then it'll be a cool street rod for sure. For now, its the trailer.

9. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Love the low stance and the slots with big meats all around. Love everything about it!

10. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

This is my 55 that is just about ready to hit the streets too bad the streets will be covered in snow shortly. Runs a mild 283 with muncie 4 speed and 3:55 posi rear. Still have some minor body work to finish then repaint.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  11. Hey CUT55 , my '55 is at the body shop getting repaired after the accident. Gonna paint it '69 Camaro Hugger Orange.

Like yours too RAF.

12. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

This one was my dads...built it in 69, raced 69-72 then sold. Currently trying to locate it. Would love to find it and hopefully buy it back.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  13. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

I found this 55 while looking for my dads old race car. This one has a Hill & Zartman Enterprises fibreglass one piece tilt front end, 10% engine set back. Been trying to find some history on it. One guy thinks he remembers a orange 55 with yellow pinstipes from the Detroit area. Thought the owners last name was Clark(spelling ?) and that the car was called "Rambunctious". Anyone remember such a car? Let me know if ya do.

Attached Files:

14. wild willey

wild willey

"uwonamos" - Your car FREAKIN RULZ!!!! Cannot get enough of it! Hope to one day have somtin as BAD AZZ as your "INCREDIBLE FREAK OF NATURE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Big Block Bill

Big Block Bill

You could form a brake line or fuel line around the tire you want to use, or something just a little bigger. Body supply shops sell a piece of sheet metal with all the pie cuts already along the side, making that easy to form and weld. The nicest but most expensive is graft on 55 nomad wheel wells. A friend told me years ago, he used the wheel openings from a pair of junk front fenders.

16. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Very nice car.

jp

17. 4ever18

4ever18

Here's my brother's old '55 Chevy (small block, dual 4bbl carbs, 4 speed, and 4.10 posi '57 Chevy rear).

Darrell

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  18. PSB

PSB

Cut 55 Thank You. Sweet stuff guys..

19. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Cool. Your car will look great with COLOR. Sounds like losing that wheel was just what you needed to get going on a little makeover!

20. Yeah, it sucks that it happened but it's actually been a blessing in disguise. Supposed to go look at it today. If I do I'll get pics.

21. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow! This thread has grown & I learned how to put pics on! Well a lot of guys have seen my car but maybe a few that havent! We took the Blairs off the doors & put Solo Speed Shop on the doors as Phil @ Blairs would get phone calls about car after taking it to a show & alot of questions he couldn't answer! Heres some before & after shots! Tks! Bill

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  22. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Bill, your car is one of the finest '55s out there!

23. jakedmoe

jakedmoe
    from California

the new wheels really set it off, LOVE this car great job, my insperation

24. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

heres mine , bbc ,auto ,3500 stall 410 gear, tunnel ram twin 450 carbs!!

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  25. scrape

scrape

cool 55 truckjunky.... when you gonna take that bird of the hood....:D

26. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

thanks! i am going too redo some things this winter, all black car, 4 or 5 speed , new motor, new rear end!! we got about 8-10 straight axle cars down here now, we going too try too run some tracks next spring, heads up racing!!!

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  27. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah Sure I Had Him In A Class! Thank You! Ps Yours turned out Solo Bitchin!

28. Our57

Our57

Looks good. What headers are you using? I have a '57 with a 427 and want to switch from chassis headers to fenderwells.

29. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

bbc headers came from dale_wilch rpm on ebay!! less than $300 in the door!!
    you have too work on driver side a little, pass side fits great! its better than $1200-$1500 for a custom set!! very hard too fine hookers!!

30. Chris Melzo

Chris Melzo
    from Reno, NV

This ones BADASS!