Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 chevy 3100 2nd series ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Razorshotrods, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Razorshotrods

Razorshotrods
    from Phoenix

Hey Guys, just bought a 55 2nd series 3100 short box, side windows are cracked and was wondering if any has installed the one piece glass non power kit? i have heard they dont roll up or down to well?
    Will post pics soon, has cammed up 350 and i am installing 700r4, it isnt clipped so going to use mono leaf to lower front or????
    Any advice would be great.
    Thanks

2. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

I would stay with the originals,especially without ac!its a hot s o b to ride in come summertime!these cabs do not draw air very well without the wing windows.i changed back.

3. heatmiser

heatmiser
    from mia

if you're not running a/c , i would think twice about giving up the vent windows... i don't think enough air makes it in the cab on those hot days with the one piece, even though they're bigger... as for lowering , my "58 has -2 leaves flipped rear, and 3" drop axle -2 leaves up front.. i may try losing one more leaf or maybe going with posies dual leaves up front.. i think i'd like to squeeze another inch or so out of it.

IMG_0439.JPG

4. heatmiser

heatmiser
    from mia

ha ha!! beat me to it!! nothing like a little breeze in the lap area!