Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 chevy 2 door sedan glass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swilly572, Oct 15, 2009.

1. swilly572

swilly572

Anyone know where I can find a diagram on how the glass goes back in, along with the parts needed. I wasn't around during the removal process, any help would be appreciated!

2. 31aBoy

31aBoy

Are you talking windshield and back glass?? If so, and your inexperienced with installing glass, call a good glass company (a reputable body shop will know the best in your area) and have them install it for you.

3. Herdez

Herdez

For front and rear glass you just buy the rubber molding and wrap it around the glass. theres a groove youll see on the rubber mold. spray soap water on rubber mold and where glass is going to sit. Use a string to wrap inside and around the mold groove that goes inside the car, lay glass in area, from inside the car gently start pulling the string towards you until the glass slips in.

You want to have the string start from the upper middle of glass by rear view mirror and work your way down and around gently. Old glass sometimes doesnt slip in to well and sometimes breaks on corners - front glass.

This works on Chevys all the way up to 64 Impalas.

4. swilly572

swilly572

Thanks for the pointers, but I meant to ask about the door and quarter glass.