Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 Buick Roadmaster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by summersshow, Aug 29, 2014.

1. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

I found a 1955 Buick 2 door project car today...
    Heres where I need help...
    The car was mid restoration when the owner died, Most of the metal work is finished with a few dents left several patch panels installed, but they were installed correctly, looks like a nice job so far...
    The Body was off of the frame and primed and put back on. So the body needs to be taken back off and the frame finished...

My problems are... How can you tell it actually is a roadmaster and not a century, etc?
    And the car is in pieces, when I go look through all his parts is there any thing in particular I should look for to make sure its not missing?

Also... I dont know anything about a 322 nail head and this one will need a rebuild along with the auto trans, suggestions on where to do my homework at?

Thank you alot guys and gals.

(Ill be looking at the car again in the next few days, Ill post pics after I decide to or not to buy it)

2. belair

belair

Besides the ID codes you can look up on the interweb, Roadmasters and Supers have longer wheelbases than Centurys and Specials. They also have different front and rear windshields. The C pillars are very different. I seriously doubt the Special/Century bodies will fit the RM/Super frames and vice-versa. And then buy my 322 and brand new 700r4,, a trams adapter, and cruise in style.

3. EMPEROR CHUCKYBOY

EMPEROR CHUCKYBOY

Roadmaster and Supers have 4 portholes on the front fenders. And also have a body line that waves at the door handles and into the quarter panel.. Roadmasters came with gravel guards on the quarter panels.. And also have gold hood ornament,and script roadmaster badge for deck kid and grill and a small badge for each door all in gold.. Hope this helps

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!Roadmaster and Supers have 4 portholes on the front fenders. And also have a body line that waves at the door handles and into the quarter panel.. Roadmasters came with gravel guards on the quarter panels.. And also have gold hood ornament,and script roadmaster badge for deck kid and grill and a small badge for each door all in gold.. Hope this helps

4. EMPEROR CHUCKYBOY

EMPEROR CHUCKYBOY

Sorry for the double reply,
    I wanted to add: Roadmaster have power seat, steering,windows, and brakes.Supers only have power steering. Roadmasters have a really nice boomerang style interior panel trim.. Dashes are the same but roadmaster have a swivel tissue box holder under the glove box. From the door handle up roadmaster/super is the same as cadillac. Gotta love them Buicks ! Good luck.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!Roadmaster and Supers have 4 portholes on the front fenders. And also have a body line that waves at the door handles and into the quarter panel.. Roadmasters came with gravel guards on the quarter panels.. And also have gold hood ornament,and script roadmaster badge for deck kid and grill and a small badge for each door all in gold.. Hope this helps

5. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Make sure you account for all the trim pieces, knobs, radio, etc. You can spend a fortune finding and buying some of that stuff. Also, take into account that it will also cost a small fortune if you have to have items re-plated. Just take a look at one of the rear brake/taillight assemblies......

I passed on a nice one near here not too long ago because it was disassembled and boxes were in two different buildings, plus the guy wanted way too much for it in the disassembled state.

6. My 56 buick special wagon has power steering and brakes, just sayin.Bruce.

7. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

He is asking $2500 for it as it sits... has a title... Well he just sent it off to put it in his name... To me it doesnt sound to expensive... But im scheduling with him when to dig through the parts...

8. Your kids are going to be grown and gone before you decide what to build!:D

What happened with the guy that claimed the to cars you had belonged to him? HRP