Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1955 265 Chevrolet 26K miles FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by LWT, Apr 14, 2015.

1. LWT

LWT
    from Va.

City: Blue Ridge

State: Virginia
    Price: $700.
    1955 Chevy 265 2 barrel engine and Powerglide transmission with 26,000 actual miles. I'm listing this for my Mothers husband.
    He has a 1955 Chevy 4 door that belonged to his father since new. His father passed away when the car was just a few years old. The car has, I shit you not, 26,000 original miles. It ran fine, they started it every now and again through all that time but it hasn't been on the road for many, many, many years. The current owner ( my Mothers husband ) just turned 70 and decided (finally) to put it on the road. The engine isn't hurt, it dosen't need to be bored, it is a basically new original 1955 265. He wanted to freshen the whole car up and check it all over. They took the engine to a machine shop planning to just check it out and clean it up, found it to be perfect. He then however took the car to a professional shop and told them he he wanted it to be easy to drive and reliable, the shop talked him into the new running gear plan. Hence, a shiny new fuel injected LS engine and overdrive trans is now in place as well as disc brakes & new air conditioning etc. At least it looks dead stock otherwise, new radial pie-crust tires and original hub caps and stock interior and exterior.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015