Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955-1957 chev 1 piece floor pans????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1320/150, Oct 10, 2009.

1. 1320/150

1320/150

I am interested in buying a 1 piece floor pan with braces for my 150 2 door sedan. I see them advertised in the c.a.r.s. catalog for $1,300. I see them on ebay for $872. $500 is a big swing Iwould like to know if there is something I should be lookin out for. I dont mind buying the more expensive floor board if it is worth it!!!!! Any input would be appreciated!!!

2. Yeah I work for C.A.R.S and the full braced floors are well worth it. I havent herd one complaint yet. You wont be un happy with the purchase. I dont know about the floor on ebay but ours are stamped here in the U.S.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  3. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Have you looked at the sheetmetal that Danchink sell for these? I don't know if they're all stamped by the same outfit or not, but "maybe" worth you're lookin into!

WWW.DANCHUK.COM

Swanky Devils C.C.
    " Meanwhyle, back aboard The Tainted Pork "

4. Actually DANCHUK buys it from C.A.R.S.

5. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

The difference between the more expensive and less expensive body panels & floor pans are

The more expensive. this is what body panel companies consider "best fit parts" meaning no modification of the panel itself is actually necessary.

The less expensive
    are considered as "basic fit" and these take a little bit of work to perfectly encorporate them into your car.

6. I'm pretty sure I read on one of the tri-5 forums that the complete floor that comes in black electroplate finish is done offshore and is thinner but made of the newer high strength steels whereas the plain steel floors are the made in USA stuff. It might pay for you to spend a few minutes and do a search on chevytalk.com or trifive.com before you pull the trigger just to be sure what ya want.

7. 1320/150

1320/150

Thanks for the help. That gets me goin in the right direction!!!