Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 Plymouth Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Voodoowagon, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

Well I have spent the last few months gathering up parts here and there and I am rather excited about the start of it all going together. This is my wifes 54 plymouth, the engine and suspension was shot so we will be pulling it out soon and replacing it with a S10 chassis and a cleaned up 350. Pictures to come soon.

[​IMG]

2. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

A rendering some fello hambers did last year when we first got the car

[​IMG]

3. Granger Perry

Granger Perry
    from Albany, WI

Subscribed as I have a 54 more door, pumped to see how this comes out!

4. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

Was a Good night, was able to get the engine all torn down and cleaned up. Going to get it painted this weekend and hopefully get the heads reworked next week.

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

cool car.
    don't know about the whole s10 thing though.

6. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

S10 chassis and a 350? No Way!!! do someting else! that thing deserves a fatman frame stub kit or mustang II setup. And and early hemi or at least a mopar small block! keep it mopar!

7. roddinron

roddinron

Ha Ha, I knew that was comin'!:D

8. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

YEAH so did I, too bad all of that cost more money than I have. The S10 frame and engine was in my budget.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  9. Granger Perry

Granger Perry
    from Albany, WI

10. 54 savoy

54 savoy

hey i have one of those, mines all stock though,

11. daliant

daliant

Not another 350 chevy:eek:.

12. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

So I am back to work on the 54, lost my job last September but we are on our feet and been working on the car. Just to catch anyone who cares up I was not pleased with the S10 swap and luckily I kept the stock frame. Spent the last few days tearing apart front end to get it cleaned up. Thinking we are going to go with the Fatman dropped uprights and the Scarebird brake conversion.

13. All right another Plymouth in my area. Man if you end up going the SBC route may I suggest maybe a 283 backed by a 3 spd? I have plans for that set up for a Plymouth. It is from the early 60s, very period man. You should definitely chop that bad boy. Ill be chopping my 53 Plymouth soon.

Here is a chopped 54 that is in NJ.

Attached Files:

14. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

Back when I was going to use the S10 frame I was going that route due to it bolting in but not even thinking of the engine right now. I want to get the frame sitting down how I want it and get the brakes all on and then I will move over to the engine. I think that was my problem back in 09 I was thinking of too many things at once. My buddy has a 318 in his car and I really like the way it looks but we will see.

Did you have to rebuild your front end?

15. Yeah I am completely rebuilding the front end, but it will be stock. I'm not updating the car at all.

How is the flathead 6 that was with your car?

16. I have the stock front end on mine with bags and i z the front to get it lower

17. Alot more Mopars poppin up un here lately. Cool!!! Keep us posted. Todd

18. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

OK, now everyone knows all SBCs on this forum forever after are 265, 283, 327, and maybe 292 and 301 but never ever 262 or 350 or 383. After all all other Chevy V8s are 350s at the auto parts store counter.

19. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

V6 is locked, pulled it apart, soaked it to try to get it to turn over and it wouldnt budge. You need a paper weight or anything off of it?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  20. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

Do you have any pictures? I really want to keep this one stationary if I can get it to sit right but we will see. Was going to go the fatman dropped uprights and maybe some springs but would like to see pictures of your front end and the Z.

21. 53 hemi

53 hemi

I'd like to see those photos too. I think my stock suspension setup was fine, would guess it's very similar to the Plymouth.

22. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

23. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Very glad to see you back on the board Mr Voodoo. Is this in line for a summer time chop? I'm ready for another welding project if you want to run the grinder.

24. screwball

screwball

I have a S-10 front clip in my 53 with a small block Chevy. Oh the horror.!!!

25. I guess you live up to your signature.. hahaha just messing:D

26. redneck061102

redneck061102
    from cabot, ar

Can't wait to see more pics. just trying to get ideas for now (still in Afghanastan). i also have a 54 SAVOY waiting for me back home. good luck and keep us up dated. thanks!

27. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

That would be nice, I am hoping that I can get the suspension down how I want it over the next month and then start looking for a engine. Chop would be nice, will also need your services for the floor, figured IF I can keep the car stationary that we might channel the body a few inches but we will see.

28. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

HAHA that is funny, the way I see it is it is your car and you build it how you want.

29. screwball

screwball

it was cheaper than a 50 year old stock rebuild (free with a 350 350 combo and free installation) I will find the pics.