Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1954 gmc first build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jordabennett, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm jealous! Sure looks like a good time!

2. davo461

davo461

Congratulations!!!
    Now, don't wipe yourself out.lol
    Davo.

3. Neils1954

Neils1954

WOW! I just found the HAMB, I was looking for help putting A/C under my dash in my 1954 GMC. I have not moved anywhere near as fast as you (the truck has been in the family since 1964, I started working on it in 1984, took a break did some more in about 2004, and now I am getting serious). I am truly impressed with what you have done. I do like the dash insert and the Hawaiian theme. Very nice! Congratulations on a really great truck!

4. really means alot to hear all this positive feed back, honestly. thanks man, get cracking on it!! i want to see some pictures. mines got alittle bit more to go until I'm happy

5. Truck is looking great! Glad to see you finally got it on the road. Don't spend all your money on rear tires though.

6. until i get that posi in there:D thanks for the thoughtful comments guys. means alot. more progress coming

7. servi53

servi53

fantastic results on your build, lot of cool fab work you've done on it dig it

8. thanks man! just working the bug out. then make these 55 caddy bullets fit the front and think of something for the rear. and finish the interior and I'm having some ideas of doing a similar model a visor on it too:D

9. hopefully some more progress coming soon

10. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Loving your truck and this build! Have a soft spot for '54 GMC's myself! Keep up the great work!

11. Had it out around the block a few times one the one sunny day we get out here on the wet coast. still having over heating issues but I'm going to get a gun in it and time it better and check the curve and everything, may be a case as to why its over heating. also got the bullets for the front.. i removed them and knowing i need to cut and modify theses like crazy i had the idea to paper mache i hold of them and use that as a template to cut. don't want to screw theses up!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. loco 52 ragtop

loco 52 ragtop

want to sell your rear bumper.

13. sure! its brand new i believe

14. MXrider13

MXrider13
    from Florida

add more pics man!

15. YEA!?! More pixs guys :confused::confused::confused:

16. pictures are coming. havnt done much more work to it. but plans are happening. keep posted!

17. 4msfam

4msfam

Dig the build! What type of paint did you use? Looks "real"....

18. Looking good man! I agree, more pictures!

19. sorry guys havnt worked on this for a while, ill get more done throughout the coming weeks

20. well shes been on the road for a week now.. still on permits but slowly working on it more. luckily i was able to fab in some shocks. what a differne that made!! made some white walls. they look like shit now. used krylon fusion paint but already its flaking off. so ill try again with a different type of paint, getting the old hood on tomorrow and making a custom grill and mounting model a bumpers of the front and rear hopefully today!! couple update photos!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. shadams

shadams

Damn, how did I miss this.... I remember seeing it early on, but I guess I lost track of it. Love how it came out, the second to last pic above is awesome! Good job! Looks like the camaro clip worked out afterall for you as well....:rolleyes:

22. today i farted around and tossed up a cool looking grill. not quite finished yet but you get the idea. i bent each one using a torch and old pulley. tomorrow i will make a good solid mount for them and finish it up with maybe a raw/ satin black or burgundy like the truck???? any ideas? also heres a shot of a 57 chevy bumper mocked up. if would come much higher and could do signals in the bullets. i do like it but does look alittle heavy ( goddy) so maybe another option, roll pan or just stock bumper? whatcha guys think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

24. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Oh I used krylon fushion paint but I prepped the shit out of the tires by sanding then with a d8 and then whiped them down with wax and grease remover then hit it with a bunch of light coats. They still look good to this day and it was done 9 months ago and I drive the car daily

bengeltiger likes this.
  25. davo461

davo461

I like that bumper! Turning indicators in the bullets sounds good.

26. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

Like many posters on your build thread I too have enjoyed watching your build. Like the shot of you in the model A. My son is projected to be 6'6" and I have no reason not to believe the Dr. as he is 13 and 6'2" now. Getting him to fit in my '41 International is one of my goals. Learned a lot watching your build.

27. son of a b! ill have to try again then, because mine didn't work at all. maybe i need to make them alittle more rough and really clean them. i used brake clean......:mad:

28. Lookin' great man! White walls look great in the pics!

29. any ideas rather than white walls? i love em but still like change. was thinking all black with dog dishes? or just beauty rings maybe?

30. few more shots of the past weekend at the car show and doing alittle more exhaust work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.