Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 Ford & Vintage 1953 Teardrop Trailer

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Bullet Nose, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

City: Lake Havasu City

State: Arizona
    Price: 21,000
    1954 Ford Mild Custom Sedan & 1953 Teardrop Trailer

Lucy-20.jpg

I'm posting this ad for a friend who is now blind and no longer able to drive. This is what he had me write about his car and trailer .....

This is a once in a lifetime chance to get a matching vintage car and vintage teardrop trailer. Lucille, and Lucille's Bed & Breakfast, will take you to car shows and camping trips or anywhere you want to go. They were built for FUN and dependability.

About the Car:

"Lucille" is a 1954 Ford Customline 2 door sedan. I bought this car from a very old lady who bought it new in 1954. It's a California car that was always garaged. After we made a deal and as I was leaving, she said "now you take good care of Lucille." I turned and looked at her and she said "that's her name, LUCILLE". I told her I will do my best and we've continued to call by her name. Lucy has also been garaged here in Arizona since moving here.

Under the hood is a rebuilt 302 Ford engine with about 7000 miles on it. It has Edelbrock valve covers, intake and 4 barrel carb. It also has a HEI distributor and GM integral alternator. There is a 30" crossflow AC radiator with a shroud and clutch fan and the A/C unit blows cold air. The gel style battery has been relocated to the trunk. It has power rack & pinion steering, power brakes and dropped spindles up front with disc brakes. The rear end is an 8" Ford with drum brakes. It has Diamondback whitewall tires that are in very good condition and the wheels have 55 Olds style "flipper" hubcaps.

Body modifications include frenched headlights and frenched taillights with 56 Olds lenses. It has been nosed and decked and the door handles have been shaved. The doors are opened by solenoids and there are 2 key fobs. The antenna is frenched and pinstriped with I Love Lucy. It comes with two grilles, the original 54 Ford and the George Barris "Hollywood Grille" that's in the car now.

The blue fabric and white naugahyde interior is in good clean condition with no tears. It has an AM/FM radio with a CD player. There is a power plug under the driver's seat for a cell phone or laptop and it's wired for Sirius radio. The windshield wipers are electric and there is an inside hood release. The trunk is also opened by an inside electric trunk release.

About the trailer:

Lucy-10.jpg

I purchased the vintage 1953 teardrop trailer in 2000. It was a project and I went completely through it to make it road worthy again. Listed below are some of the repairs and modifications I made to this very cool teardrop trailer.

Starting at front, there is a fold up bike rack (we used it to transport our vintage bicycle). The original 1957 propane tank was too old to fill so I cut it in half, welded on hinges, and use it as a tool box. The tires are Coker whitewalls on original 1947 Ford wheels with original beauty rings and repo hubcaps. The spare wheel & tire are hidden underneath the trailer.

It has doors on both sides and the inside dimensions are 73" long x 48" wide. There is a new foam mattress with removable washable cover. It's wired for 110 volt AC & 12 volt DC and has a rabbit ear antenna or cable TV connection. In the rear is a shelf with two removable cabinets that can be replaced with a bed for a small dog. There is a switched dome light and both doors have vent windows. One door has an antique glass door knob.

The rear kitchen includes a propane stove, a sink and a 7 gallon water tank, slide out vintage metal ice chest plus 3 drawers with all utensils. The kitchen also has a 12 volt overhead light, paper towel dispenser and a spice rack.

Additional items included with the trailer are a portable table that attaches to the side. We used this table to eat on and also to display a photo album with build photos at the vintage travel trailer shows we attended. Also included with the trailer is an awning, a blue carpet for the outside area and an extra wheel.

We have had many hours of enjoyment camping with Lucille and Lucille's B&B and I'm sure they will provide you with the same fun we've had with them. The only reason they are for sale is because I have an eye disease and am no longer able to drive.

The car and trailer are available for inspection in Lake Havasu City, AZ. I have made many changes to both units and I may have forgotten a few things. If you have any questions, feel free to call me (Walter) at home (928) 453-9683 or on my cell (928) 846-9406.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  2. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Car and Trailer Have Been Sold.