Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 dodge hemi

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ruben solis, Dec 6, 2019.

1. ruben solis

ruben solis

I recently purchased a dodge 241 hemi engine noticed it there were no harmonic balancer just a pulley with timing marks, contacted a hemi hot rod shop so they said even though it’s internally balanced that I should put harmonic balancer on it. They said these engines if you drive them quite offend The crank will start to show cracks. I need to ask some question not only on that issue but also pulley, cams ect.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. This guy may be able to answer some of your questions.... HEMI card.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. There is a good Hemi tech group here.Also 73rr on here.

Hnstray likes this.
  4. sunbeam

sunbeam

On the low deck Dodge hemi only some trucks came with balancers. A internal balance LA unit will work if the key is reworked a step cut key or have the keyway broached to the hemi size is a good upgrade. As far a cams regrinds only I don't think there are any new blanks and again ask 73RR

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019

5. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I obtained an offset key to use an LA balancer on a 331 Chrysler from "TRWaters" on this board. Perhaps that key will work for the 241 Dodge as well?

6. derbydad276

derbydad276

you dont want that engine .... send it to me Ill take care of it for you ... it wont fit anything but 53 /54 Coronets like mine

Texas Webb likes this.
  7. 402BOSSMAN

402BOSSMAN

Yep get a balancer on it! You were told correctly.

8. sunbeam

sunbeam

Same key, Hot heads will sell you a reworked Balancer and marked for TDC if you want to spend $160

Bandit Billy likes this.