Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 Chevy Hardtop - Deal or No Deal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54LedSled, Oct 20, 2012.

1. 54LedSled

54LedSled

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  2. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

I've been a long time fan of '53-54 HT's. I wish I had bought the primered 54 with the 4 spd conversion last year for $7000. That was a decent price. They are hard to find in this kind of shape. There was one on the east coast recently (on E-bay), asking was around $30K, it was restored very nicely. I don't remember if it sold or not, but its no longer posted.
    Start around $10K and see where it goes from there.

3. erock805

erock805

looks like a sound complete car to me. course Im on the internet. california for 20 years...and not by the beach so it shouldnt b too rusty. ...as I have a chopped 54 i frequently check prices. Its no steal of a deal but you could prolly sell it for that. Yes you cold absolutely find a cheaper one. yet this one looks like the chrome, and most of the stuff is pretty much done on it.

4. 54LedSled

54LedSled

Just to give ya'll an idea where I'm at...based on the minor stuff it needs in his description. I was gonna offer $14 or 15...is that too high?

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice looking car, I never knew they had the chrome headliner trim pieces. Looks like a car you just buy and enjoy. There was an unrestored "Barn Find" that sold for $10,000 at a farm auction a few weeks ago. Do a HAMB search and the tread sould turn up. Bob

6. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

No deal.. especially considering it has a 6 banger. That car is worth about 12k at the most. But whats it worth to you? A 54 Convertible can be bought for under 20k, it probably wont be as nice as that one but you can definately find a decent driver.

7. The BIN price is $16K+. I agree with it being worth about $10-12K the way it sits. I've recently seen some real nice Belairs with a V8, upgraded brakes, suspension, etc for less than $20K.

Bob

8. grynder

grynder

It looks like a decent 10k-12k car to me depending on what it looks like in person... The bulk of the value is in the paint, interior and the chrome. The rest of the car appears to be nothing special. I looked at a lot of them before I bought mine. After some of the things I've seen, I would never spend that kind of money without seeing it in person first. Good luck.

9. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Very pretty car. If it is what it's described as, I would say it's worth more than $10-$12k... Being that it's a hardtop. I'd probably max out at $14k though. Then again, I'm biased because I really love a hardtop 53/54.

In the end it's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it.

10. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

I agree on the max of around $14k, the fact that its converted to 12 volts adds to its value for me. Do you have the chance to examine it personally? Maybe there's a HAMBer willing to go look.

11. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Man if you've got that kind of money to spend, go to the Roundup in April and walk around. I'd bet you could find one like it for a better price. More importantly you could look it over yourself in person, That's the only way to be sure what your getting ! Pics and internet opinions wont be worth a damn at the end of the day if your not happy with what you bought. Also, that price sounds a little high for todays market, there's alot of nice stuff out there for the money he's asking. It's a nice ride, but not 16k nice.

12. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

I'd say you're in the ball park. I was up in big bear city a few months ago and about half of the houses there had "for sale" signs on them, and if this guy's moving then he'll probably accept a reasonable offer that's in his asking price's ball park.

13. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Looks like a very pretty and straight old Stovebolt. Being a hardtop moves it up the ladder a few notches too. His ad seems very honest to me, not like he is trying to hide anything. He has pointed out flaws as he sees them.

In this economy and with him moving, cash might score it for less. I would start at $12K and let him counter. Let him know you are a serious buyer with cash in hand, that always lets them know you are not just a tire kicker or dreamer.

The suggestion to have a local guy check it out is a good one too, even if you have to pay a knowledgable person a few hundred to do it. That is a small investment when you are laying out $12 to $16K. And if it was me I would fly in and drive it home.

Don

14. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Looks like a real nice ride get in and go I'd buy it. Good luck

15. That's a pretty ride. $12-13k sounds about right.

16. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Wow thats a nice ride. I guess if its everything you want in a car then go for it.

17. If you can get away Turkey Run is Thanksgiving weekend at Daytona Beach. There will be thousands of cars for sale there.