Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 Chevy Bus Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by summersshow, Jul 9, 2013.

1. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Ive known about this bus for years and the owner has finally decided he wants to sell it... Hes owned it for 12 years and drove it back from Arizona... Its been converted in to a camper, Ie vents cut, etc...

Hasnt ran in 8 years, paints rough, but body fairly good, not great but...

What would you guys think this thing would be worth?

I feel 8 is way to high, But I could use this thing for work and transport parts, etc...

Tryin to think of something reasonable to offer or just walk away?

2. Question without a photo,,hard to help. HRP

3. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Unless you have a way to move it yourself, that's going to add a heap of money to the equation. You might end up a good wayse into your budget even if you pay him scrap value.

4. How many did it originally seat as a bus? What coachbuilder did the body? A lot to consider there.

5. oltruckag

oltruckag

A not running bus from the 50's converted to a camper that's been sitting since 2005? Scrap value

It has potential cool factor, but likely will cost significantly more than the purchase price to get it there. Depending on the size you'll likely be $1k in just for tires.

6. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

If it's a big series, it may still have the '54-'55 261 with the side mounts.

7. 325w

325w
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is it a short bus? I always had to ride them!