Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 Chevy 210 section

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Socalespecial, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Socalespecial

Socalespecial
    from So Cal

Hey everyone, I need some help. I'm thinking of sectioning my 54 Chevy 210 a couple of inches. do you guys have any good detailed step by step reference material to make the job easier? Oh yeh I already watched the monster garage old skool 54 build as a reference

2. Socalespecial

Socalespecial
    from So Cal

Thanks for the link! It's exactly what i was lookin for. Now if I can find one for a 54'. I searched on here before trying different ways of phrasing it, but no real luck. If anyone else has any links like the one above, hook me up! Thanks again!

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

To me keeping the round front buldge of the quarter panel is the hardest part of a sectioning job on a '53-'54. They look odd if they turn out pionted.

4. Socalespecial

Socalespecial
    from So Cal

I'm going for more of a mild look. 3" chop, 2" maybe 2 1/2" section. My vision on the way Chevy should of made the car from the factory, rather than like a full blown kustom with extreme inches taken out. Don't get me wrong, I like those too, but for my personal ride this is what I want. Sectioning is a fine line you have to walk. I don't want some goofy looking "cartoon car" :eek: