Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1954 Chevy 150 Sedan - SOLD SOLD SOLD

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by ChicagoJoe, Aug 23, 2016.

1. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe

City: Chicago

State: Illinois
    Price: 8500
    1954 Chevy with about 55,000 original miles. Body and frame are solid. I also have stainless 210 side trim front to back, including the elusive rear spears. My original plan was to restore it with a few custom touches, but my plans have changed and I have an opportunity with another car that I cannot live without. The paint is good, but some poor prep work resulted in peeling around the belt line. The paint shop masked and painted around the stainless trim, creating a filthy hot mess in that area. The spots where the paint flaked off is bare metal and it's visibly solid. She runs well, has a rebuilt 235 w/3spd manual. Needs a new side cover gasket. I just replaced the battery and rebuilt the vacuum wiper motor. I rebuilt the carb last month but in the process found that the float bowl is a little warped and will probably need replacing. The 4-wheel drum brakes are decent but she needs a new master cylinder - that was my next project but never got around to it. I have the master cylinder upgrade kit from ECI Brakes and a dual Corvette MC that I will throw in with the car. All electrical is in good shape. The original radio is there but does not work. I popped the fuse for the dash lights when I needed to jump it from a 12 volt car in the middle of the highway on Father's Day (that was before the new battery). The dash lights worked fine before that. Blower motor has never worked since I owned it. Car tracks straight down the road, front end was rebuilt about 5 or 6 years ago. Could use new tires but current ones still have some life left in them. Previous owner had the car since the late 80's. No sheetmetal has been cut, this car is bone stock & unmolested. I'm hoping it finds a good HAMBer home! You can enjoy this car just the way it is. I know I did. I'll miss her, but wifey says two cars equals dead husband. I have it advertised on the usual sites but I'm offering a special HAMB price of 8500. I'm negotiable but didn't leave too much wiggle room, and I don't bite (unless you're into that kinda thing) so the worst I can say is no thank you. If you live in the Chicago area the car is on display in front of Mike's Garage, 506 Northwest Hwy, Arlington Heights, IL 60004.
    PM me or call Chicago Joe 630-220-0992.
    54_Chevy_DriverSide.jpg View attachment 3306779 View attachment 3306785 54_Chevy_InteriorDriverSide.jpg 54_Chevy_InteriorFront.jpg 54_Chevy_InteriorFull.jpg 54_Chevy_InteriorPassSide.jpg 54_Chevy_InteriorRear.jpg 54_Chevy_PaintFlaws1.jpg 54_Chevy_PaintFlaws2.jpg 54_Chevy_PaintFlaws3.jpg 54_Chevy_PassSide.jpg 54_Chevy_RearEnd2.jpg 54_Chevy_RearEnd.jpg 54_Chevy_SideView.jpg Engine_D_Side.jpg Engine_P_Side.jpg IMG_5833.JPG IMG_5834.JPG Speedo.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Gas_Tires_Oil likes this.
  2. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  3. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe

bump (and grind)...

4. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe

PRICE DROP!

5. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe

6. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe

BTTT
    7900 I need to sell QUICK! Make an offer - I think the wife is plotting my "accidental death"
    You'd be helping save my life (and possibly, the WORLD)....

7. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe

SOLD SOLD SOLD! Thanks HAMB!
    (please delete)