Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 Buick Two-Door Measurements..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Hueso, Jul 11, 2007.

1. I need the length measurement of a 1954 Buick two-door door. Was there different door lengths? I know there is at least two different styles. Also if you have any pictures of any two-door '54s that would be great also.
    I have been looking at making my four-door into a two-door for some time now and found somebody who might have some doors; just need to find out if they are the right ones. Thanks for the help in advance...
    Wesley

2. The donor would be 54-56 Special, Century or Olds 88 if your car is the small Buick. Easiest way to do it is to use a donor car for doors and quarters.

3. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

What Rusty said.

Two more points: what body style do you have? There were the small Buicks (Century, Special), and the big bodies (Super, Roadmaster).

One more thing, and this you probably don't really want to hear: Why go through all that work? '54 Buicks are NOT rare cars. For the time and money involved, you could find yourself a very nice 2-door candidate and use your 4dr as a donor. It's really not like these cars were highly sought after or desirable. I can see doing it with a '50 merc, a Model A, '32 or even a '57 Chevy, but not a '54 Buick.

-Brad

4. Thanks for the replies. It is a '54 Special.
    What kind of differences are there in the body from the big and little Buicks?
    Why do it? One is money. I don't have the money go out and buy another car. Also if these doors work out I can get em for free, plus shipping. I have already put a lot of work into this one up to this point. It also was my first car. Plus it will be good for expanding my skills.
    Does anybody have any measurements?
    Wesley